X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • happydad
    • Jun 2003

Another BM Question

I've been pretty confused about the Bass Management issues, and in particular the resistor cut "fix". I've been considering purchasing the Denon 2900, but the cost is prohibitive for me right now.

I really wanted to hear the big deal about SACD/DVD-A, so I broke down and bought the Pioneer 563A which has gotten some pretty good buzz on some HT forums ($179 at BB).

Here's my question - I've connected the Pioneer 563A to my 1055, and I detect absolutely no Bass/Sub issues (after adjusting the Rotel's Subwoofer lever on the Multi-input from MAX to +4db) with either SACD Stereo/Multi or DVD-A.

Am I missing something here, like I'm totally tone deaf? Rotel agreed to do the cut for me, but now I don't think I need it. Was it just an issue with the Denon 2900? :roll:
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

I never heard much problems either, but the bass doubling is there. Just get the resistor cut and you should notice an improvement.

It will be a problem for any multi-channel input.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

A lot will depend on the ability of my mains. If they're capable of playing sub 100 hz bass with authority you will likely notice the difference otherwise you're likely not going to notice it.

Comment

• pjdami
        • Jul 2003

happydad,

Do you remember which forum good things were being said about this new Pioneer DV-563AS player? I'm shopping around for a new DVD player that will play DVD audio and SACD and would like to read about what others have to say about this Pioneer unit.

thanks,
        Paul

Comment

• zeppelin
          • May 2003

1 more question about the resistors cut, is it onlyapplies for the early models with the firmware 1.x.x or for the latest model with new rev firmware 2.x.x or is it applies for both old and new rev.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

It applies to all 1055's and 1066's where you want a true analog bypass on the multichannel inputs.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"