X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barona
    • Jan 2003

RSP1066 & EQ's

Anyone using an equalizer paired with this pre-amp?? how did it change your sound and how did you hook it up?? or is it even possible??
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Um.. I imagine it changed the sound based on how far they pushed the little things up and down..

Being a pre-amp, all you have to do is hook the eq between your amps and the 1066..

Kevin D.

Comment

• barona
      • Jan 2003

Kevin,
      I need a little more help than that. My previous receivers had a tape 2 input/output that could be utilized for a EQ while listening to another source. Since the 1066 doesn't have a tape 2 could you explain in more detail what you mean by hooking the EQ between the pre-amp and amp.
      My EQ has RCA jacks (L/R) for the following: Line In 1, Line In 2, Tape Out 1, Tape Out 2, Tape In 1, Tape In 2, Mon Out.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

You used to have receivers which had the amps built into them. Thus you needed to pump the output of your EQ back into the receiver. The 1066 is a preamp with separate amps. You currently have a set of RCA's going from the 1066 LR output to your amps LR input. Remove those from the amp and run them to the Line in 1 jacks on your EQ. Take another set of RCA's and run them from the mon out jacks to the LR inputs on your amp.

Choose Line 1 on the EQ and you should be set.

Kevin D.

Comment

• barona
          • Jan 2003

Kevin,
          If I understand this correctly, I will need to get Y-adapters to combine the L & R from the EQ into one line. And since there is only 1 set of RCA jacks for Line In 1 and MON Out it would only be able to control one speaker. So if I have 5 speakers in my system I would need 5 EQ's to balance everything. If this is the case, I'm just going to leave well enough alone.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

If the EQ you have is mono (only one single input and output) then yes, you will need 5 of them. Most eq's I've seen with tape loops are stereo. Never put a Y-cable to combine two signals, only use them to split. In either case, very few people make 5 channel EQ's, and those that do are expensive.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

I'd also question the need for 5 channel EQ for most people...realistically who pays that much attention to what the rears are doing? So long as they're ballence properly its likely good enough. Now the mains I can see EQ on but again unless they're full range even that might do more harm then good...esp if you're not using RTA to analze the freq response...if you're just going by ear you're as likely to make it worse then better.

EQ's on the LFE channel however are almost always required to get a flat freq response since the longer bass waves interact with each other much more then high freq's do....this causes significant dips and peaks in the bass response in most peoples room.

Comment

• barona
                • Jan 2003

Whoa, I'm getting in over my head here. The reason I started this thread is because I had a EQ collecting dust since I upgraded to the 1066 and I wanted to see if I could utilize it since it did make a difference with the receiver I use to have running the system. Thanks for your insight....

Comment

• Dr C
                  • Feb 2003

Am finally getting my analog Radio Shack SPL meter in about a week (had to ask someone coming in from the US as we don'thave it here). Then I will be able to confirm if my SPL settings are correct (oh happy day) and will probably go for the Behringer FeeedBack destroyer :-) Guess this is the wrong section for this post (this was a thread in the Home Theatre section some months back) but just wanted to know if there are any satisfied users of the Behringer + Rotel out there ...

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"