X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmark
    • Jun 2003

Rotel 1055 as a pre amp

I've been thinking of adding a 1075 amp to my system and using the RSX1055 as a pre amp only. I'm wondering, does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the amp section? Is there a fuse for the amp only or can I pull off the power to the amps. I'd like to do this so i no longer get the heat and sonic noise from the amp.
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Maybe I'm wrong, but it has always been my impression that turning off the amps of the 1055 would be a non-issue. In other words, the way I understood it is that if you were using the preouts, they (the 1055's amps) would in effect just be on idle, for lack of a better term, and thus the heat given off would be negligible.

But, I'm not sure on this, so any imput would be appreciated.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Right so long as there's no load being sent to the amps they'll effectily be turned off and not generating noise per say...certinaly no more then what's already being generated by the tuner etc so I wouldn't worry about it. I'm currently using a 1055 as a pre amp as well and it works very nicely. I had the 1066 before I got the 1055 and I couldn't really tell a difference.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"