X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thedarklobster
    • Jul 2003

cinema eq with 1066

What is your opinion of the cinema eq setting in the "other options" menu? Do you use it? What are the benefits? To me, it seems to make voices out of the center channel have an echo.
    Thanks,
    Shane
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

The manual says that it's designed to compensate for differences between home and theater accoustical environments.

In actual listening, I leave it in the off position. Using the filter button on the remote, I did an A/B and the sound was more open with it set to "off", whereas it sounded a bit muted with it on.

This may be one of those things where it will benefit some tastes/accoustic environments, and not benefit others. For what it's worth, I, like you, prefer it "off", although our reasons for doing so seem different, unless, by "echo" you mean that it sounds more like it's more restrained and less open sounding.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

Cinema eq is similar to the THX Re-Eq. I find it not very nice to listen too and therefor always leave it off.

Comment

• wng
        • Dec 2002

I feel Cinema EQ is effective like in Lord Of The Rings, which was a bit bright (like when arrows were being shot), but kinda lowers the clarity of dialogue and openness of the sound.

Comment

• Rock Dog
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2003

A lot of it has to do with the sound track of any given movie.

The films release to the theaters have the high-end frequencies boosted, so that they can "punch" through the material covering the speakers above the screen.

In the home environement your grill cloth is much thinner than what is used in the theater, or you may not have any at all.

When the film is released on DVD, those boosted high frequencies should be brought back down to a more natural (and intended ) level. But some films do not get this added bit of attention. So Cinema EQ is there to roll of this "boost" so the soundtrack is not so bright at the front.

I wish they'd fins a way to tell us on the package wether the soundtrack was the Theater Release, or re-EQ's for home. :huh:

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"