X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shawnb_2
    • Sep 2007

Just Bought the DTR-8.8... WOW!!!!!

Never had heard of the Integra line until just a few days ago when I was going to my local trusted dealer for a new Yamaha receiver. Come to find out, they let Yamaha go as they felt and have had experiences with Yamaha trying to sell more units and quality has slipped in their opinion. They replaced it with Integra. At first, I wasn't impressed by the plain looks of the case especially after finding out it was the higher end of Onkyo. None the less, I took home the literature and did my research. Was thinking of waiting for Rotel to come out with a newer version with HDMI 1.3, but not the patient type and after reading up on the Integra line I was sold. My local retailer is having a trade in sale so it was time to take my poor 9 year old Sony in and trade up. It saved me nearly $400 off the price so I was quite happy. This thing is amazing! I only have one B&W center channel so far to start to go along with some old and cheaper Yamaha speakers, which will all be replaced with the rest of the B&W 700 series. None the less, even the cheap speakers sound amazingly better, and my center has never had so much detail and rich sound in the few months that I have owned it. I was expecting a difference, but nothing like this. Slowly but surely the system is coming together. At least now I have something to really compliment my Bravia XBR 46" TV. Can't wait to get it finished.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Welcome to the Guide shawnb2!

Sounds like, you are well on your way, to great sound. Congrats on the new piece!
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• tigerhonaker
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by shawnb_2
      Never had heard of the Integra line until just a few days ago when I was going to my local trusted dealer for a new Yamaha receiver. Come to find out, they let Yamaha go as they felt and have had experiences with Yamaha trying to sell more units and quality has slipped in their opinion. They replaced it with Integra. At first, I wasn't impressed by the plain looks of the case especially after finding out it was the higher end of Onkyo. None the less, I took home the literature and did my research. Was thinking of waiting for Rotel to come out with a newer version with HDMI 1.3, but not the patient type and after reading up on the Integra line I was sold. My local retailer is having a trade in sale so it was time to take my poor 9 year old Sony in and trade up. It saved me nearly $400 off the price so I was quite happy. This thing is amazing! I only have one B&W center channel so far to start to go along with some old and cheaper Yamaha speakers, which will all be replaced with the rest of the B&W 700 series. None the less, even the cheap speakers sound amazingly better, and my center has never had so much detail and rich sound in the few months that I have owned it. I was expecting a difference, but nothing like this. Slowly but surely the system is coming together. At least now I have something to really compliment my Bravia XBR 46" TV. Can't wait to get it finished.
      Hi,

Interesting Post you just did here. I own the Integra Research RDC7 now as well as their RDV1 DVD Player. So I am thinking of Up-grading to this Newer Model of the Integra. Have not decided yet. Still thinking about it.

Keep this posting up as I would like to read more about what you think and how much you paid for it.

Terry (Tigerhonaker)
      JM Lab Speakers:

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"