Added 2-A52 to finish my Halo collection.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingdaddy
    • Jan 2004

Added 2-A52 to finish my Halo collection.

I finished my Halo for now, this should keep me satisfied for a few years and allow me to focus on the Video weakness of my system. The new amps sound wonderful and a bit more forward then my Sony amps, I had to turn the input gain down on my front 3 tweeters immediately. Once I got everything balanced with the new amps I was very pleased.

One A52 runs all the woofers (except Subs) and the other runs all the tweeters, they have more then enough power to keep up with the 1400w dual 18” subs, so I’m pleased with their performance although the difference between my old Sony TA-N9000ES amps is not as much as I had hoped for, but none the less an improvement, besides that they really look very nice. Cant wait to hear the details of the new upgrades that should be announced at CEDIA.
    Attached Files
    My Center Channel Project
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

very very nice, but I have a question..

Arent you worried about the bottom amp with something above it in such close proximity? these amps run very warm due to their design. Youre a brave man.

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
    Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• jimmyp58
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

looks good kingdaddy :T
      jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Kingdaddy
        • Jan 2004

Thanks for the compliment. There's a purpose built room behind the rack with forced ventilation, so I'm not worried, these 2 amps replaced 3 old ones that certainly generated more heat in the same space for many years without ever being shut off. The old Adcom GFA-555 hasn't been turned off in 3 years. Anyway I’m totally digging the sound right now, so I feel good about the purchase. In addition I have 3 or 4 amps and a Sony TAE-9KES combo to sell, I'm leaning toward Audiogone right now only because I hate e-bay, any ideas on a good internet used market forum?

Comment

• Kingdaddy
          • Jan 2004

Here's a picture of some of my old amps compared to the Halo's. Notice how the table is bowing in the middle.
          Attached Files

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
            • Sep 2003

should have assumed you had good ventilation.

Audiogon has always worked for me. and the stuff always sells super fast for me. Just dont ask too high of a price, either you want to unload it, or want top dollar. And the 2nd option wont get you anywhere.

what are you selling exactly?

GameTracker -My List-

Comment

• Kingdaddy
              • Jan 2004

Thanks, I probably go with Audiogone even without prior experience. I have a Sony TA-E9000ES/TA-N9000ES combo for sale ($1K all SB’s and updates and power cord mod) and a Audiosource AMP 3 (400w mono, $200) and another TA-N9K 5-ch amp ($500), and a vintage Kenwood KD-650 granite base turntable (AQ404 H-output moving coil cartridge) dont even know what to ask for this.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Kingdaddy
                • Jan 2004

another rack picture.
                Attached Files

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
                  • Sep 2003

slap them on audiogon, I'll tell a few friends what you have as well.

GameTracker -My List-

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Mike, throw a post down in our Pawn Shop forum. It certainly can't hurt, and things sometimes turn around pretty quickly in it.

Interesting speakers! What are they? :scratchhead:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Kingdaddy
                      • Jan 2004

Thanks David, I'll try that.

The speakers are my own design, all active, all the speakers in my house are DIY (16 total). I'm working on a matching center channel right now.

My DIY Site
                      Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Traveller
                        • Apr 2005

Sony

I would be interested in the
                        Sony TA-E9000ES/TA-N9000ES combo

if they run on 220V.

traveller@ggaweb.ch

Regards,
                        Traveller

Comment

• Chris D
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Dec 2000

That's a nice setup, Kingdaddy. :T I agree, though, if you can get a little more space inbetween the two Parasound amps, that will help with temperatures and cooling.

What's that item that you have above your C2, an equalizer?
                          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                          - Pleasantville

Comment

• Kingdaddy
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Chris Dotur
                            That's a nice setup, Kingdaddy. :T I agree, though, if you can get a little more space inbetween the two Parasound amps, that will help with temperatures and cooling.

What's that item that you have above your C2, an equalizer?
                            The two black boxes with all the knobs are my Marchand electronic crossovers (XM-93KK and XM44-4). I agree about the cooling space, but the forced air behind does a pretty good job for now. However, after seeing your rack setup I would like to do something similar. I would need some rails I guess and the rack mount kits for the Halos, where do you get these and how much are they? In addition, I would love to orginize my wiring the way you have but I have about 3 times the cables because of the active thing and I'm not sure I could ever get it that neat.

Comment

• Chris D
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Dec 2000

Cool. The rack mount rails I got are made by Salamander for their Synergy cabinets. I do know that you can buy rack mount rail caging to insert into cabinets like yours, although I don't know who makes them or where to get some.
                              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                              - Pleasantville

Comment

• bhuskins
                                • Aug 2003

Middle Atlantic makes generic rails that can be cut to length and then mounted on to a 19" opening. It works great but your carpentry needs to be precise. I'm sure you can handle it Mike. You can get the rackmount kits for the Halo gear and the matching Halo vents from Parasound...aka me...would you like delivery with that...?

Brent Huskins
                                Media Design
                                HTGuide Sponsor

Comment

• Kingdaddy
                                  • Jan 2004

Cool beans, yea Brent, as soon as I finish my IB install (2-Avalanche 18") I'll get to measuring and see how much I can fit in my cabinet. I hope I'll have some extra room for additional processors like the Marchand BASSIS. I'll call or email you Brent to get a quote on 3 rack mount kits and 3 vents. I believe Bud and Hammond make some rails like what I need, but their not cheep.

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"