X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrd
    • Dec 2003

Parasound "Classic" vs. Halo

I'm interested in any opinions or knowledge of any real differences between the "classic" line (for lack of a better term) and the new Halo amplifiers. After carefully comparing the numbers on the Parasound website, there seem to be very few differences between the specs of the A51 and the HCA-2205AT. I'd obviously take the Halo just on looks, but it had better be a big step forward for $2K more...
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Good question, JRD. I've invited John Curl to join our club and participate in discussions here. I'm not sure if he'll take me up on the offer or not, but if he does, I know he can certainly answer your question better than anybody else out there.

Altus, OK, huh? Wow... being a military pilot, I've spent more time there than I care to imagine. I'll very likely be going back in a few months for another school as well. If I do, I'll say hi!

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

On the german distributor there is a list of differences. The A51 has more compared to the 2205 on the following points:
      1) 25 watts more per channel
      2) More Class A power
      3) Balanced XLR inputs
      4) Autosensing turn on/off
      5) Ground Life
      6) Bigger transformer/power supply
      7) THX Ultra2 certified

This is just some of the items.

If you can read german, the check:

I havent listened to the 2205, but I know its a formidable machine. I wanted to buy new equipment and the 2205 is impossible to buy new in Holland.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"