X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HiTracey
    • May 2009

Silence is not golden

Hi folks

I have a Parasound Halo D1 which has a very annoying problem. Whilst playing SACD, it introduces a momentary silence between tracks. This is not a problem when tracks are discrete, but it totally ruins the replay of continuous music (such as Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, for example).

Does anyone else have this issue? Parasound have merely stated "the D1 was very well received" when I raised the problem some while ago, and no longer appear to answer posts or enquiries at all. This (non momentary) silence would in any event be frustrating, but moreso as I'm a loyal fan with eleven Parasound boxes in my system....
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Heya, Tracey, welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana:

Huh... I assume you mean the D3, and I'll have to re-check mine, but I certainly don't recall any gaps being inserted between tracks.

Now, when you say that Parasound doesn't appear to be answering posts anymore, are you talking about on a particular forum? (the guys do lurk around sites like this one, to see what all we talk about and what opinions we have, but rarely post) Or have you tried to contact them via E-mail or phone?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• HiTracey
      • May 2009

Hi Chris

Mea culpa, yes it's the D3. By not answering, I refer to two emails and two telephone messages. To be strictly accurate none of these was referring to the D3 problem, which I'd (temporarily) decided to live with.

In case there's anyone from Parasound lurking, I was trying to fathom how to determine the "parity" level on the JC2. I've now determined that "trial and error" is about the only way. I have a C2 for surround and the JC2 for stereo, and therefore need to pass through the JC2 when using the C2.

Off topic, but for the information of Parasound lurkers, the C3 needs to be at least 9.1 and preferably 11.1 as far as I'm concerned. Oh, and I would help defray their costs by buying two more A21s ....

If it turns out the D3 is faulty (i.e. others don't have the problem) that's nice to know, but also a major pain getting it fixed.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"