X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nxym
    • Apr 2009

Ticking Sound ? Halo

Hello
    I am new and i just receive my Halo C2 and when i power up after some minutes start make a ticking sound repeatdetly (same sound as when i press the mute button) This sound stop after i close the back button. I found some threads here about that problem that inform to refit/reseating(?) switching power supply connector or change power harmness ... something ;like that. Where is these harmness? i dont know and i take some pictures from my Halo. Can someone make a red circle of that cable that i must look for?
    Thanks a lot.[IMG]xxx[/IMG]
  • Peter Nielsen
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

The power supply board is located to the LEFT of the unit (behind the power button). Check the wires to this board.

Peter

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

And nxym, welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana:
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• nxym
        • Apr 2009

Pics

Thank you all.
        I just upload some pics to check if is the correct cable. I mark it on a circle. Is this tha cable that you said before? I connect again all the wires to ensure that it is seating well. Therefore how that only a cable do so faulty noise? I think that it is the same sound like muting. (a relay).
        Attached Files
        Last edited by nxym; 21 April 2009, 15:00 Tuesday. Reason: image too large

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Hey, good job taking that picture with that much detail. For ease of use, here's your picture embedded in your full size:

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Nxym, the red circle identifies the correct board. However, the circle is on the high voltage mains input connector (power supply source), and it's not likely to cause any problem. If that connector has bad contact, your unit would be completely dead or totally flakey (like randomly die/restart).

The likely culprit are the multi pin connectors for the low voltage outputs on that same board. Due to the angle of the photo, I can't tell for sure, but if I recall correctly, the two connectors behind the aluminum heat sink are on the power supply (one with all black wires, and one with black/red/orange wires). All the connectors leading from the power supply board need to be checked/reseated at BOTH ends - don't just check the power supply end, check the other end too.

The connector in the circle is the only power supply connector that you don't need to check. It's apparently good since the unit powers up fine :T

Peter

Comment

• nxym
              • Apr 2009

iphone

Thanks again .My pics is from my iphone. I reaseat all the connections and i am waiting if this happen again. The connectors which pass through to front panel (buttons, volume etc) is difficult to reach and i left it for now.

Comment

• brodricj
                • Aug 2008

This thread has gone quiet so I assume you've solved the problem? If not another thing to check is the wiring harness in the very bottom right corner of the above pic (the one with the 4 different colored wires). 2 of these wires (from memory to the balanced board??) route very close to a transistor, and the heat from the transistor can melt the insulation causing them to short intermittently resulting in a clicking sound. The repair is to splice the damaged wires and re-route them away from the transistor. It's an easy repair, should take less than 30 minutes if this is the cause of the problem.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"