X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike_Schmidt
    • Mar 2009

Help

Just brought home my new A21 and JC2. While burning in do I leave all components on while burning in and if I shut it off the power amp manually is that going to hurt it turning it on and off. I thought once its on you leave them powered up and dont touch.
  • Peter Nielsen
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

If you want to burn them in quickly, leave them on all the time.

Otherwise, turn it off when not in use and save some energy.

I would say that the most important "rule" is to make sure the amp is completely warmed up (>30 min) before doing any critical listening...

Peter

Comment

• Vince Helm
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mike_Schmidt
      Just brought home my new A21 and JC2. While burning in do I leave all components on while burning in and if I shut it off the power amp manually is that going to hurt it turning it on and off. I thought once its on you leave them powered up and dont touch.
      Congrats on the new JC2 / A21!!!!!!
      Many folks use the Ayre/Cardas demag cd. The last track is about 285 seconds of a 5hz-20,000khz glide tone, just program the cd player for repeat, turn the volume down to low and let it go for a few days non-stop.
      Vince
      Burn in helps (IMHO)

Comment

• Mike_Schmidt
        • Mar 2009

Thanks vince I have that CD but never thought of using it to burn it. Thanks

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Vince Helm
          Burn in helps (IMHO)
          Yes it does, but you don't have to do it in a specific way. Just put a few hundred hours of playtime and the units are burned in. Leaving the units constantly on will take you there quicker, of course...

Personally I feel that a "normal use" break-in is better than using a test disk and leave it. In normal use you usually vary the volume a lot and use a lot of varying material. I'm not convinced it's a good idea to have the units run the same test tone over and over again at the same volume level.

When breaking in a car engine, you're supposed to vary the RPM the first 500 miles. I like the thought of adapting this and say that you need to vary the volume level and material the first few hundred hours...

Peter

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"