X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RJKuzma
    • Jan 2005

Repost of D3 SACD/CD issue

I'm reposting this as a new thread since I didn't get any responses to my follow-up post on the "Halo D3 Problems" thread.
    My third Halo D3 disc player arrived yesterday. I specifically did not connect it to the PS Audio Premier Power Plant. So far—there are no fried circuits, like with the first two D3s. However, I noticed another weird little problem. When playing hybrid SACD discs, switching between the SACD layer and the CD layer causes the analog audio output to be muted. The CD layer is being read, as the time counter on the display progresses and the digital output does send a signal to my C1 controller. Only the analog outputs seem affected, on both the balanced and unbalanced outputs. When I switch back to SACD, everything plays properly again.
    If I insert a hybrid disc and play the CD layer first, it will sometimes play properly—other times it won’t. However, when I insert the disc to play the SACD layer first, and then switch to the CD layer, the output is consistently muted. When playing a CD-only disc, the player performs properly. I’m wondering if this is a software glitch, instead of a malfunction. It’s not really a big issue, as I switch layers only when demonstrating to friends the superiority of SACD. Usually I just play the SACD layer exclusively. Have any other D3 owners experienced this problem?
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"