X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phansson
    • Oct 2004

My C2 is listed on audiogon and the pawn shop

Just wanted to let any members know that I am selling my Parasound C2. I am keeping all of my Parasound amps so I will still be a "Parasound" guy, so don't hold it against me.

If you are interested please feel free to contact me. It is in excellent shape.

Thanks
    Patrick

Parasound up for sale on audiogon
    Last edited by phansson; 24 August 2006, 21:52 Thursday.
  • mikepinkerton
    • Jun 2004

Just curious, why are you selling? Replacing it with something else that's even better?

-Mike

Comment

• phansson
      • Oct 2004

No, I actually decided to switch to a receiver that has HDMI switching. I have three HDMI devices and was tired of manually changing the cables. I know it is not going to have the performance of Parasound piece.

I wasn't really interested in a seperate HDMI switcher.

I am sure the C2 will be missed.

Comment

• bhuskins
        • Aug 2003

Should have got the Parasound switcher...you wouldn't even know it was there...it syncs with the input selection automatically.

Comment

• phansson
          • Oct 2004

Hey Brent,

I would have gotten the Parasound switcher but what about HDMI audio? I wanted to be able to apply DPL IIx to the analog inputs. Wasn't possible with the C2.

Comment

• bhuskins
            • Aug 2003

2 channel analog?

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Well, yes, that's the sticky point that many people are going to be hitting--how to do processing, bass management, or at the very least, proper channel level setting, of multichannel audio. Unless you use formats that can be passed via optical/coax digital, the C1/C2/7100 won't be able to do these things through multichannel analog inputs, and you'll have to either have all these capabilities in the source itself, or go to lower 2-channel audio.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• bhuskins
                • Aug 2003

BUT, that's a good thing!

Give me one example of a PrePro that manipulates the 5.1/7.1 inputs and improves the sound...it might change it or add bass, but at the detriment of overall sound.

That's the whole reason to get a good source when 5.1 audio (SACD/DVD-A) is a consideration.

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Well... good thing, Brent, when you're trying to faithfully reproduce the source sound, as I usually like to do. (or at least used to) But when Parasound added DPLIIx to my C1, I now use it on everything. Especially for movies. So for any movie, regardless of whether it's PCM, or DD4.0, or DTS-ES, I now get it fully matrixed into 7.1 audio, and I love it.

If I go to a new BD or HD-DVD player, the only way I'll be able to play ANY of the new audio formats is through the multichannel analog inputs. No more DPLIIx. I'll only have the original sound format of the movie, which may be 2, 4, or 5 channels. The capability is there for 7 channels, but I don't think any of the movies they're putting out so far have that.
                  CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                  - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"