I need a good sub here is my setup
    THX for help in advance
    Elmac
    All HT Signals Processed by D2 for Ultimate Experience
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Elmac,

This will to an extent depend on the music / HT mix you use (a good sub to do both being a little more expensive). Personally I'd seriously consider:
    The last two have both Web sites (on-line sales only) and seriously fanatical user bases.... Try www.hometheaterforum.com and www.avsforum.com for some pro reviews for each of them...

Geoff

Comment

• Glenn
      • Jun 2003

A sub from the REL product line-up, might be another option for you to consider. Wide range of cross-over points to choose from, very musical for 2 channel listening, flexibility having both high and low level connections, each separately adjustable.

At REL we make powered subwoofer speakers for stereo & home theater systems. Our award-winning home theater subwoofers with wireless capabilities elevate any system. Free shipping on all orders. Official online store.

Comment

• ti33er
        • Apr 2004

...REL baby REL!!! - go for the new "Strata 5" if you can afford it - very compact, unbeatable sonics and awesome remote control feature!
        "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

• Elmac
          • Apr 2004

I don't think there is a REL dealer in Toronto, and I do like SVS subs but they are also not available localy. So I'm sort of stuck.
          And I do like B&W
          Just don't know if they will be OK in my theater room
          Thank you for your help
          Elmac
          All HT Signals Processed by D2 for Ultimate Experience

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2003

Elmac,

SVS ships world-wide if you ask them (even Australia) so Canada isn't a problem ...

The B&W ASW750 will also be great with your system

Geoff

Comment

• Mark_C.
              • Jan 2003

I use a Rel Storm III to boost my Nautilus 804s in a two-channel system. Amazing how natural the Rel blends with the 804s. I've had a number of B&W dealers recommend Rel, even some dealers that don't sell Rel. For HT, I use a Velodyne HGS-10 Series II with Nautilus 805 mains. Another great combination, although not as three-dimensional as the 804s and the Rel. Tremendous slam-bang sound, though.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"