X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Claw
    • Apr 2005

HT Speakers to match DM604S2s?

Hi,

I'm currently working on my basement to put in a shared theater space. My setup elsewhere that I plan to move down there upon completion consists of a pair of DM604S2 mains and an LCR6 centre. The subwoofer I'm using is a Monitor Audio RSW12, all of which I'm very happy with (haven't been bitten by the Diamong bug yet). The rear speakers are Definitive Technology Procinema 600 book shelves, but I'm not planning on taking them yet, still considering alternatives.

Here's the layout:

I'm wiring the basement for 7.1 (or 11.x, wiring is cheap) sound with the first (and only) row of seating to be about 15' back from the left side wall.

What are the best matches for rears and also for side speakers for my particular setup? I'm thinking 685s for surrounds and DS3 for the rears, but are there better choices? Even other brands <gasp> that timbre match well?

I'm considering dropping a bulkhead across the room about 10' from the right wall (in the diagram above) so I can hang the rear speakers from.. not sure I want to put them all the way at the back of the room on the back (right side of the pic) wall. Comments or suggestions on that?

Thanks in advance,
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"