Having trouble with my 602.5 S3 mids.. any experience/know a good repair in nyc?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mahjede
    • Jun 2011

Having trouble with my 602.5 S3 mids.. any experience/know a good repair in nyc?

So the mids to my pair of B&W 602.5 S3 Speakers both went out at the same time. It's a strange enough occurrence, let alone the fact that the night prior to noticing the problem I had been listening to my record player at standard volumes and they sounded the same as normal.

I have testes the cables and this problem is in the speakers. The other B&W's that run my other zone work fine if the cables are switched.

What I can tell is this - there seems to be no damage to either mid. however, on one speaker, if i gently push against the mid it picks up the signal and plays as normal. However, if I let my finger off, it goes back to silence. This does not work for the other speaker though.

Am I correct to think that two speakers developing the same problem at the same exact time is a bit strange?... Anyway, does anyone have any experience with a problem like this? Is it just a connection? And, given that they are out of warranty, can anyone suggest a good repair show in nyc/brooklyn?

Thanks!
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"