X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

Help.

Sold my 685's and they just came back damaged by UPS.One speaker the mid-range is not working.On the other it works but I can see that one of the coils through the port is laying in there unwound.How do you remove the speaker.Thanks.
    Shaun
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

Can you believe this?See picture.Both are exactly the same condition in both speakers.

The guy I sold them to took delivery then left good feed back on the Agon and then sent them back as a refusal by UPS saying bad speakers.There is no way ups damaged both speakers the same way.There is no damage to the box I sent them in or the speaker cabinets or drivers.

looks to me like he decieded to take them apart and really screwed up.What do you guys think.

Edit:Oh I figuered out how to remove the drivers.The one mid that wasnt working was because it was not connected.All drivers work and when connected back up and even in this condition everything works.B&W wants 100 apiece for replacement crossovers and and back plate as they do not come seperate.Do you think I can rewind the coils and they will be ok?

Why oh why would someone do this.....
    Thanks.
    Shaun
    Attached Files

Comment

• metallicaband
      • Nov 2008

Wow, just wow at how retarded and dishonest some people are, sorry this has happened to you man and hope things work out well without costing you anything, it sucks to have to deal with a mess that you caused, let alone when someone else is responsible for it!

Comment

• stuofsci02
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2009

Yeah,

This does not make sense... Speakers are shipped all the time.. Coils do not come apart like that...

Sorry to see that.. I suggest leaving bad feedback and a warning to others..

How did he pay?
        Main System:
        B&W 801D
        Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
        Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
        Oppo BDP-105
        Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
        B&W CM7
        Emotiva UMC-1
        Emotiva UPA-2
        Oppo BDP-83SE
        Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• Opus007
          • Nov 2007

I still can not get over this.The only plus is I have my 685's back.Since the buyer who has my phone number has never called me or disputed the transaction it is a sign to me that he did the damage.They where sent months ago.Why...that is the question.

I called B&W and even though they are still under waranty expect no help there.I am hoping they will just sell me the coils as that is all I need to repair them but they do not list just the coils on the parts page.Was not able to talk to anyone at B&W but left a mesage and am hoping for a call back.If I knew the wind length and thickness of the wire I woud just replace the coils.

I really hate it when someone takes somthing so nice and destroys it.

Shaun

Comment

• baniels
            • Nov 2006

You sent them to him months ago, and they just came back to you now?
            L&R Build
            Sub Build

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
              • May 2005

Haven't you been paid by the buyer in the meantime if they were sent to him months ago?

Comment

• Opus007
                • Nov 2007

Yes he paid for them.And he has not asked for reimbersment.his loss ...my gain.Just do not understand why he did this and sent them back to me.

Comment

• baniels
                  • Nov 2006

Twilight Zone.

Maybe try giving him a call or sending an email? It doesn't make sense that he'd send them back and not be looking for a refund (as crazy as that itself would be, given the peculiar state of disrepair).

How can it be returned by UPS as a delivery refusal? I don't think you can refuse a delivery months (or a day) after receipt.

It's all very fishy.
                  L&R Build
                  Sub Build

Comment

• Opus007
                    • Nov 2007

Oh well after further testing the drivers all seem to be bad on these also a true shame .

Comment

• baniels
                      • Nov 2006

Have you tried to contact the buyer??
                      L&R Build
                      Sub Build

Comment

• Opus007
                        • Nov 2007

Yes and he says why did I receive the speakers back.Well duhhh it says on on the box refused by shipper(buyer) return to original sender.Doesnt matter now as I trashed them.
                        Also says on the label that there where dents in the cabinets which there wasnt.They had been maliciously destroyed for some reason.If it was shipping there would of been cable ties on the inductors which there wasnt.Looks to me like he is trying to pull a scam on ups.
                        my thinking on this and by the shipping labels that where on the box is he did not want them after he received them.Then he shipped them locally to what I think is his workplace as it is the same city he lives in and a place called xxxxxxx LTD(name withheld).I looked up the name of the company he shipped them and could find no info.Then he sent them from his workplace back to him where he refused delivery and had them sent back to me.After all why would you ship them ups to the same city you live in.
                        The plot thickens.

Comment

• baniels
                          • Nov 2006

Sounds like he was trying to keep the busted speakers and rip off UPS. Instead you get the busted speakers and he rips off UPS.
                          L&R Build
                          Sub Build

Comment

• emig5m
                            • Aug 2008

Wow that's crazy. When I sold my 683's I had to ship them to Texas so I took video of them playing and pictures from all angles with the current day newspaper for proof of the date when I sent them just in case something like that happened. I made sure they where insured for full brand new retail price and had all my money before they where shipped!

Did you check the serial numbers on the speakers? Maybe he didn't even send yours back. Like when some people buy something new, put their old stuff back in the box, and then take it back for a refund.

Comment

• Opus007
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by emig5m
                              Wow that's crazy. When I sold my 683's I had to ship them to Texas so I took video of them playing and pictures from all angles with the current day newspaper for proof of the date when I sent them just in case something like that happened. I made sure they where insured for full brand new retail price and had all my money before they where shipped!

Did you check the serial numbers on the speakers? Maybe he didn't even send yours back. Like when some people buy something new, put their old stuff back in the box, and then take it back for a refund.
                              Hey emig5m
                              Good to hear from you.No I did not write the serial numbers down.But they where shipped 2 months ago.The buyer left positve feedback on Agon.I have been paid so as far as I am concernd my responsibility is over.

I emailed him my phone number to have him call me but no response.He has asked for nothing from me.I was and am curious of what is going but am washing my hands of the whole ordeal.

The speakers need new speakers and crossovers and in the end I tossed them.You can buy a pair cheaper than you could of had those repaired.

I hope all is well with you and wish I could keep up with you on the audio end ...and am hoping you ae still enjoying your gear.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"