X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • esaleris
    • Dec 2007

Repairing Tiny Chip in Wenge Veneer

In an unfortunate incident last night, I stepped on a level I was using to level off my audio rack, slipped on it, and shot it straight into my CM7s in Wenge.

First, I'd like to say that the guys are really sturdy - even though the level went straight into the speaker, the only visible damage was a tiny part of the veneer was chipped on the front left edge. It took around 1/16 of an inch of veneer off, and is not visible from seating position. But it is on the front-left edge, so it's bothersome.

How best to repair? I assume you can get some sort of very fine "spackle-like" material to fill the small indendation with a soft spatula - and create a new "edge" - and then you can dab some paint to match?

I'm quite fond of them and they still sound great, so it's unlikely I will need to sell them, but I have to say, my pride was a bit hurt last night, as they have been treated with the upmost care for the duration of my ownership.
  • esaleris
    • Dec 2007

I looked around on the interwebs, and found this reference to "wood filler."

It may be adequate for such a small scratch, provided I can make it follow the original edge. I don't think I would sand and topcoat or anything, since it's such a small part. What do you guys think?

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"