Curious? Would a pair of B&W SCM-8 rears match with a pair of 705 fronts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oldtexasdog
    • Feb 2009

Curious? Would a pair of B&W SCM-8 rears match with a pair of 705 fronts?

Would these be a good choice for a rear surround with these speakers? My listening sofa is against the wall they would be mounted on ops: Sorry WAF here. Fronts are 15' away with a Dennon 3808 driving them and the surround.
    There are two holes in Daddy's head where all the money goes.
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

oldtexasdog,

Interestingly, I've had both the 705 and SCM8 as rear speakers. As one might suspect, the 705's were more detailed and had more focused bass (newer technology), but the SCM8's cover a lot of space (big soundfield) with very nice performance. They have their differences, but these should sound pretty good together. They are not miles apart.

If I understand correctly, the SCM8's would be on the 'back wall' opposite the 705's up front. Don't get the SCM8's too close together, since they do cover a lot of ground.

One thing that might help with WAF is that you can replace the fabric with something that would be pleasing to your wife. All you need is some fabric and a good staple gun. Or maybe some fabric glue. I preferred staples, easier to deal with if we changed fabric later.

Back when I had the SCM8's, I took pictures of the them on the side walls after recovering. These are attached. Sofa was also on the back wall.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"