X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slipper1
    • Jan 2009

B&W 804s with a Naim Supernait

Hi all,

I have a pair 0f 804s and want to run them using a single box. I did have them running through 282/250.2/hicap. Personnaly, I found that this setup was very, very powerful.

I was thinking of using a supernait which is 80w a channel. Does anyone use such a setup? Also, any other recommendations on a good integrated amp outside of a supernait?

Thanks

Templeton
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

I don't run Naim amplification but I understand that what you have there currently is pretty much the recommended Naim setup for the 804s. Supernait will give you less boxes, which is something, but otherwise I doubt you will find the combination as good. I'm just going by the Naimees forum of course.

If you like the Naim sound vs the other options then I do not have a recommendation for you. I love my Naim source but leave the amplification to a CA200 from Conrad Johnson. I enjoy it very much although I have also spent many months and dollars on other elements of the system to get it to sound just as I like (see profile). I would not describe the sound as very very powerful but it does get to the heart of the music revealing the character of the sound brilliantly without sacrificing enjoyment of less than perfect CDs. I know my capped 5X is a significant part of that end result (another element of my system that is less enthusiastic than yours).
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"