X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Russ L
    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by aquaanox
    Its a sansui au-719 integrated from the late 70s.. 90 wpc.. a sweet powerhouse ..
    Aaaah... I remember the Sansui! Looked familiar. I have the Clearaudio TT as well. That kit has got to sound great.
    Russ

Comment

• aquaanox
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Russ L
      Aaaah... I remember the Sansui! Looked familiar. I have the Clearaudio TT as well. That kit has got to sound great.
      It sounds amazing.. i might be done with the upgrades for a while..

Comment

• Russ L
        • Jul 2006

That Sansui is arguably the best amp they ever built. Few brands were better IMO. A friend of mine has one driving Tannoys from the same year approx. And well... audiophiles drooled over that amp. I'd sure like to hear how it sounds powering those CM9s
        Russ

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

they are the sweetest sounding speaker i have ever heard.. seriously.. im in love with the CM-9... the rosenut is beautiful..listening to eva cassidy on vinyl.. drinking a blue label.. wife's not home.. total bliss..
          Dude I'm so into them.

I went to Overture in MA last year with a friend who was wanting some N804's. The salesman was talking about how good the Cm series has gotten and we should at least give them a listen. Well he brings in the CM7's. I could not believe my ears. I actually liked them over the N804's. I didn't think that was possible for a speaker 2 lines down to even be able to perform as well and certainly not better.
          They where both powered with a Rotel rsp1068 and a rb1071 I believe Class D amp. I really fell in love that day with the CM line and have not been able to let that go.
          So here is what says alot. I currently own Dynaudio Audience 82's which when I purchased them, I was going to get the CDM9nt's . I was so in love that that speaker until Soundex in Pa sprung on me the Dynaudio series which up until that day, I thought they only made drivers for other companies. I never researched them, no one carried them but Soundex so I had no ability to listen to them until that day. They basically Clowned the CDM9nt's. Again something I didn't think was possible.

I have owned the Audience 82's for almost 4 years now and never once have I had the complete desire to chenge them until that day with the CM7's. Now that the Cm9's are out, they maybe the change of choice. I'm not sold on there better but I do like that they do. I would be willing to take a pair home and do a side by side shootout once they are fully broken in. I worked with B&W speakers and know all about break in with them. We didn't sell anyone brand new B&W's without breaking them in first . The 800 series mostly.

Well good luck with those beautiful speakers. O they are so damn nice.. :T

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
            • May 2004

Difference

This is my setup CM6 CMC and CM2's I replaced my ASW-750 with a Velodyne DD15 in piano black

My question is what is the real difference in the reborn CM line. Is it worth replacing my "old" CM line?

If you've had both let me know..... or just let me know!

Thanks

Comment

• KyaDawn
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Russ L
              That Sansui is arguably the best amp they ever built. Few brands were better IMO. A friend of mine has one driving Tannoys from the same year approx. And well... audiophiles drooled over that amp. I'd sure like to hear how it sounds powering those CM9s
              Better than the Sansui 9090 receiver? :B

That was the amp I grew up with, used from the 70's till it died in the 90's. The amp that I fell in love with music with. To me, as a child in the 70's, that was THE receiver that defined what a receiver should look and sound like, though I didn't know it was the classic that people now consider it to be. I also just found out it was a Quadraphonic amp...(I always wondered why it had a knob for Speakers A, B, C, A+B, A+C!). :lol:

My parents probably still have it somewhere. I should dig it out and get it fixed, and have an awesome 2nd stereo set-up!

Comment

• corysmith01
                • Feb 2005

Does anyone know if the newer additions to the CM line will be the only models available in piano black, or if they're going to update the older models as well with the finish? I'm interested in the CM5's, but am limited to a CM Center due to space constraints. Not optimum, I know, but it is what it is. I'd like to get the CM5's in PB, but would hate to have them in PB and have to pick up a CMCenter in Wenge or Rosenut.

Comment

• corysmith01
                  • Feb 2005

Never mind all... ops: Just read the press release and it appears they will all be available in PB. From the press release, in case anyone had the same question:

The existing models - the highly compact CM1, floorstanding CM7 and CM Center - remain as key products in the range, and all are available in the new polished gloss black finish as well as Rosenut and Wengé.

Comment

• aquaanox
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by corysmith01
                    Never mind all... ops: Just read the press release and it appears they will all be available in PB. From the press release, in case anyone had the same question:
                    Just saw the CM1 in GB today at my dealer.. I have the option to switch out my rosenut cm-9's to the GB when they come in next month.. I like the GB, have QUAD L's in GB and they look good ..but have you noticed that every other manufacturer (think magnolia - BestBuy etc) has gloss black MDF speakers these days.. the rosenut and wenge kinda set it apart from the crowd and their real wood veneers.. decisions decisions..

Comment

• Mikael
                      • Aug 2007

Hi Aquaanox

Could you tell us about the sound of the CM9, please.
                      Does it got a better bass,mid and treble? compared to the CM7?

Mikael

Comment

• aquaanox
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Mikael
                        Hi Aquaanox

Could you tell us about the sound of the CM9, please.
                        Does it got a better bass,mid and treble? compared to the CM7?

Mikael
                        I used to own the CM-7.. had them for about a year.. and they are excellant speakers. I found the CM-9's to have a *much wider* soundstage, they sound big, and are more comfortable at lower volume levels.. I no longer need to sit in the sweet spot, toe in etc.. The high fequencies sound a bit sweeter and cleaner, and i can hear more separation between instruments - the addition of the 3rd driver, and improved crossovers probably has something to do with this sonic improvement. Bass is extremely well controlled listening to a range of music (rock, jazz, pop, vocal etc etc). I think im only limited by electronics and my sources now. I doubt anything other than 803 will not be a substantial upgrade over the CM-9s. Maybe the new 700 series if/when they arrive stateside in 2010..

If you are on the fence, i highly recommend the CM-9s.. they look and sound the business. I sold my CM-7s only wishing back then that there was a larger speaker in the lineup; these bad boys have been long due. Good job B&W. :T

Comment

• aquaanox
                          • Feb 2007

more cm-9 shots

bored.. thought you might like more ...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• marky mark
                            • Feb 2008

CM9 in Gloss Black :T :T :T :T

i picked these babies up on tuesday, sorry didn't had a chance to upload pic's been busy. still waiting for the CM2 to come in

i agree with aquaanox about his review on these speakers, the only one word that i can sum it up is that these speakers are very sophisticated in reproducing the sound, truly amazing.

the gloss black beautiful, i like how the fst driver and the chrome trim piece sticks.

Comment

• marky mark
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Woo Wooooo
                              This is my setup CM6 CMC and CM2's I replaced my ASW-750 with a Velodyne DD15 in piano black

My question is what is the real difference in the reborn CM line. Is it worth replacing my "old" CM line?

If you've had both let me know..... or just let me know!

Thanks
                              the gloss black will definitely go well with your velodyne dd15,
                              i have the spl1200r series.
                              the cm9 is comparable to the 804's, next step up will be the 803's in my opinion.
                              just do it , i know you want to :lol: :lol:

Comment

• Isaac
                                • Jan 2006

:drool: Those CM9 in Gloss Black sure are beautiful.

Comment

• btf1980
                                  • Aug 2007

Gorgeous shots guys. :T
                                  A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• style
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Feb 2006

Those CM9 in Gloss Black sure are beautiful.
                                    I have a 803D and Htm2D (Rosenut) as front-HT ... the 805S in black with B&W stand in black for the rear...

in place from the 805S a pionoBlack CM9 or 7 is in my head..... :T :T

the ONLY replace will be with the iano black CM... but curiosity ... the CM Rosenut is not equal to 8 series Rosenut true?
                                    Someone has seen them 2 spaeker colors "live"?

Style

Comment

• Mikael
                                      • Aug 2007

I used to own the CM-7.. had them for about a year.. and they are excellant speakers. I found the CM-9's to have a *much wider* soundstage, they sound big, and are more comfortable at lower volume levels.. I no longer need to sit in the sweet spot, toe in etc.. The high fequencies sound a bit sweeter and cleaner, and i can hear more separation between instruments - the addition of the 3rd driver, and improved crossovers probably has something to do with this sonic improvement. Bass is extremely well controlled listening to a range of music (rock, jazz, pop, vocal etc etc). I think im only limited by electronics and my sources now. I doubt anything other than 803 will not be a substantial upgrade over the CM-9s. Maybe the new 700 series if/when they arrive stateside in 2010..

If you are on the fence, i highly recommend the CM-9s.. they look and sound the business. I sold my CM-7s only wishing back then that there was a larger speaker in the lineup; these bad boys have been long due. Good job B&W. :T
                                      Yep I am on the road to buy new speakers,I had the CM7 at home but find they where lacking in bass(low bass) and where a bit forward in mid/treble region.
                                      You say the bass is extremly controlled,but does the bass have a good body and fullness as well?like the 683 I like the bass from them,but not the rest.

Nice setup guys

Mikael

Comment

• Dmantis
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Jun 2004

So sexy and beautiful pic's. Thank you for posting them. maybe it's a curse but I want so badly to go hear them. Can't wait until our B&W dealers get them in.
                                        I also love the CM7's.

Comment

• aquaanox
                                          • Feb 2007

i picked these babies up on tuesday, sorry didn't had a chance to upload pic's been busy. still waiting for the CM2 to come in

i agree with aquaanox about his review on these speakers, the only one word that i can sum it up is that these speakers are very sophisticated in reproducing the sound, truly amazing.

the gloss black beautiful, i like how the fst driver and the chrome trim piece sticks.

They look awesome.. My dealer has also ordered the gloss blacks for me and i have the option to swap next month (hopefully). Can you post some shots without flash during the day ? congrats on the speakers..

~cheers

Comment

• aquaanox
                                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by style
                                            I have a 803D and Htm2D (Rosenut) as front-HT ... the 805S in black with B&W stand in black for the rear...

in place from the 805S a pionoBlack CM9 or 7 is in my head..... :T :T

the ONLY replace will be with the iano black CM... but curiosity ... the CM Rosenut is not equal to 8 series Rosenut true?
                                            Someone has seen them 2 spaeker colors "live"?

Style
                                            yes, the grain on the 800's is a bit different.. not better or worse, just different
                                            Last edited by aquaanox; 18 January 2009, 12:39 Sunday.

Comment

• aquaanox
                                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Mikael
                                              Yep I am on the road to buy new speakers,I had the CM7 at home but find they where lacking in bass(low bass) and where a bit forward in mid/treble region.
                                              You say the bass is extremly controlled,but does the bass have a good body and fullness as well?like the 683 I like the bass from them,but not the rest.

Nice setup guys

Mikael
                                              I found the bass needed some toning down depending on what music you are listening to and your source. The foam plugs work nicely in that situation (keep in mind that that is true for most floorstanders and room placement makes a huge difference in that area). That said, the bass is more than full and has a lot of impact. Keep in mind that the frequency curve on these is 56hz to 50khz .. so they dont go as low as the 683s, which i have heard many times, but the sound is cleaner/sweeter..

Comment

• marky mark
                                                • Feb 2008

They look awesome.. My dealer has also ordered the gloss blacks for me and i have the option to swap next month (hopefully). Can you post some shots without flash during the day ? congrats on the speakers..

~cheers
                                                Sorry about the pic's, best I can get it at, the speakers is in the basement with low light, also my camera is in the shop and had to use a crappy camera. ops: ops:

Comment

• marky mark
                                                  • Feb 2008

here's some new pic's of the CM9, hope it turn out better,
                                                  bad lighten in the basement

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

hope you guys like the pic's :T

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Mikael
                                                    • Aug 2007

Thanks Aquaanox

Thats sounds very good.(reg.the bass).
                                                    I will go to the shop and hear them when they get to Denmark in february.

Mikael

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by marky mark

Great photos; beautiful speakers!

Comment

• marky mark
                                                        • Feb 2008

Thanks, you want to switch speakers? :lol: :lol:

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Jan 2006

Thanks, you want to switch speakers? :lol: :lol:
                                                          Mmmm ... let me give it some thought ... 150 years of thought. If we're both still around then, why not! :twisted:

Comment

• marky mark
                                                            • Feb 2008

Ok then, I have your word. Hehehehe, LOL

Comment

• aquaanox
                                                              • Feb 2007

:T

thanks again.. is that just fingerprints on the chrome surrounds ? and i assume the small mark on one of the corners is just the lighting ?

Comment

• marky mark
                                                                • Feb 2008

I think the marks around the chrome was from the flash, the small mark on the corner is the reflection of the ceiling light

Comment

• SoCalCM
                                                                  • Oct 2007

Very nice Chinese speakers, sigh.

Comment

• N2siast
                                                                    • Sep 2007

Get used to it in this global economy. You'll see more products coming out of china. I remember when japanese made goods were considered "inferior": not anymore.

Comment

• marky mark
                                                                      • Feb 2008

hey n2siast, what did you end up with? did you keep your cm's or upgrade to the 800 series?

Comment

• N2siast
                                                                        • Sep 2007

hey n2siast, what did you end up with? did you keep your cm's or upgrade to the 800 series?
                                                                        Neither. I ended up ordering a pair of Salk Songtowers. They are been built at the moment. I can't wait to get them :T I'm so excited the wait is killing me.

Comment

• aquaanox
                                                                          Member
                                                                          • Feb 2007

So the CM9s in gloss back finally came in this afternoon.. and yes, ive swapped out my rosenuts for the gloss black! they look amazing, better than i thought they would and the black kinda disapears a bit more which i kinda like. I had broken in the rosenuts nicely for about a month and a half, so i was a bit shoked at how bland the speakers sounded when i plugged them in an hour ago.. and then the ah, *they arent broken in yet dummy!* realization set in.. At-least now ive verified that break-in makes a huge difference .. very obvious when you swap out for the same set of speakers

Anyway, other than that, the Sansui is sold, tried Mcintosh, and now am finally settled with tube amplification .

Comment

• Dmantis
                                                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                                                            • Jun 2004
                                                                            • 1036

Such beautiful speakers. I really like the gloss piano black finish. Does a great job on those Cm9's.

How about a few more pic's, like a system shot from the seating location. So we can see both speakers in the pic.....

Dan

Comment

• marky mark
                                                                              Member
                                                                              • Feb 2008
                                                                              • 58

#83
                                                                              Congrats on your gloss black cm9, they are truely nice. The only problem is that you can see the dust and have to dust them more frequently, but it's worth it. The crappy part now is breaking waiting for them to break in

Comment

• esaleris
                                                                                Member
                                                                                • Dec 2007
                                                                                • 42

#84
                                                                                marky mark,

I loved your CM9 pictures. What is the riser that you have the speakers on - they look terrific? How have you coupled the speakers with the riser - just the B&W rubber "nubs" or something else?

Comment

• marky mark
                                                                                  Member
                                                                                  • Feb 2008
                                                                                  • 58

#85
                                                                                  the speakers comes with it's own plinth and two different set of feets, one set of metal spikes (which i uses along with brass floor protectors ) and the other set are rubber. i chose to use the plinth cuz i have two small ones, prevent from tipping over

Comment

• JesperA
                                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                                    • Jul 2009
                                                                                    • 24

#86
                                                                                    The CM9 looks really good in black, really close to ordering a pair of those.

Anyone got any more pictures? Would be nice with more pictures of your setup with these speakers.

Comment

• dan87951
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Nov 2005
                                                                                      • 379

#87
                                                                                      I just got my CM9's and absolutely love them in the gloss black. The sound and look well above what I expected. I never really cared for the sound of the older CM's but I just had to give the CM9's a try and I'm glad I did. I will post pictures. We actually did a back to back comparasion of the CM9's and 805's thats why you see 805's next to them. Over all I prefer the CM9's to the 805's they are a much fuller speaker with a bigger soundstage.
                                                                                      dan87951
                                                                                      audio guru

Comment

• JesperA
                                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                                        • Jul 2009
                                                                                        • 24

#88
                                                                                        Darn it, everyone praise them, doesnt make me want them less

Comment

• emig5m
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Aug 2008
                                                                                          • 646

#89
                                                                                          I had broken in the rosenuts nicely for about a month and a half, so i was a bit shoked at how bland the speakers sounded when i plugged them in an hour ago.. and then the ah, *they arent broken in yet dummy!* realization set in.. At-least now ive verified that break-in makes a huge difference .. very obvious when you swap out for the same set of speakers
                                                                                          Yea I was skeptical of speaker break-in too until I swapped back the floor demo 683's for brand new ones. They sounded off compared to the used demo speakers like the drivers weren't integrated well and the used speakers where much smoother and transparent. I got to work right away with some hard hitting Metallica to break them in, lol. Need some music to give all the drivers a good work out. :lol: Now they sound as smooth as the demo's did.

On the CM9's, I wonder if the FST mids resemble more the 600 series or 800 series? Like the post shows of the inside of the 683 there's obvious differences in the build of the mids (frame and magnets are first obvious) from the 803 and 683 even though they look similar from the outside. The woofers look exclusive to the CM series, what about the tweeter? Just trying to understand more what really sets each series apart from each other, heh. One of you guys should take apart the CM9's and post up some pictures of the insides.

Comment

• JesperA
                                                                                            Junior Member
                                                                                            • Jul 2009
                                                                                            • 24

#90
                                                                                            Originally posted by dan87951
                                                                                            I will post pictures.
                                                                                            Not to push things but do you know when?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"