Black Ashe touchup paint, how to go about doing this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjahshik32
    • Sep 2007

Black Ashe touchup paint, how to go about doing this?

Ok I'm stupid and accidentally spilled a tiny spot of superglue on the b&w htm4 black ashe and luckily its on the back part of the speaker and was wondering, has anyone ever retouched a paint on the b&w speakers especially the 800 series and how would you go about doing this?

I hear alot of places say use acetone to take off the superglue but then the acetone will take off the finish to the wood, that means after I do that could I just retouch up that spot?
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

I would use a hair dryer and hot soapy water to try and get it off. What kind of super glue was it? The kind that drives hard or soft?
    dan87951
    audio guru

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

Goo Gone should take the glue off without wrecking the speakers. That's what I'd do. Take a little bit and put it on the glue as much as possible without putting it on the speaker (though it shouldn't really hurt it).

You might need to put it on a few times to get through all the glue...but that's all you should do.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• dknightd
        • Mar 2006

You might try debonder

It will disolve CA glues (aka super glue). Don't know if will hurt your finish.

To be honest I'd consider just leaving it as is - you might cause more harm that good by trying to remove it. Keep that stuff away from your speakers!

Comment

• jjahshik32
          • Sep 2007

yea I knocked it down on accident while using the crazy glue near the htm4 =( but the speaker still sounds great!! =D

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"