X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raeno
    • Jun 2007

Tell me about B&W DM-1200 ?

i have a pair of these. googling doesn't reveail much. the speakers themselves are attractive pair, reddish wood fiinshed, two-port, bookshelf-sized. there's is nothing on the back panel about watts or Ohm.... very mysterious. there's also a a tiny light next to the "Electronic Time Delay" decal on the front, but i've never seen it light up... does anyone know the details of these loudspeakers?

fyi i have them hooked up to my 50w/ch Quad 306 (w Quad 34 preamp) and they sound... nice. nothing great, but the acoustics of the room are (sadly) not very good so it's really hard to say. i've idly though of replacing them or the 306 amp to get a little more detail out of the music... what do you think?
  • Russ L
    • Jul 2006

The DM1600 and 1800 are still in B&W product archive but the DM1200 is older yet and appears to be an earlier release. Try googling DM1200 with no dash.
    Russ

Comment

• raeno
      • Jun 2007

yeah i've tried that. found a few pages in japanese and a the odd sale here and there, but nothing about the speakers per se... i thought someone in a forum like this might have a pair or have owned previously. thanks though.

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
        • Jun 2006

DM3000's were teh first B&W's that I ever heard (and bought). I love them. If you like the DM's that you have then they are good speakers.

Comment

• zorst
          • Oct 2010

DM-1200 B&w's

I just got some of the dm1200's, I also have some 801s these add some variety to the sound of my collection. They actually play louder than the 801s, the highs are brighter and I actually have been toning them down, I feel you really should run them with a sub, and I do, and with the sub I think they sound fantastic. B&W recommends you place them near the walls for the bass boost that they would need. I haven't tried that yet the room they are in is prett big, I plan to maybe keep them in the bedroom, which is also large but I have a big sub in there already. I found with my sub that placement is everything when it comes to bass. Oh did I mention they cost me $50.00 plus $30 shipping. As far as info on these I sent B&W an email and they sent me a link with all the pertinent data. Everything you wanted to know about b&w

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"