X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

hoping to upgrade to 804's ?

I'm hoping that i can upgrade to the 804's and htm1(used) in about 4-6 mos.My question is that i currently have a rotel rsx1056 and i know if i get these spkrs i will eventually have to add an amp.But the money is not going to come that easy.I'm not going to change my reciever and was wondering how you guys think the rsx1056 would perform with the 804's.Is anyone using a 1056 w/804's that could provide some insight.Thanks
    P.S my other option i was looking at were the Ref750's.Any comparisons?
  • Boone38
    • Dec 2004

I have the 804s and used the 1057 for a short time. I was very clean and detailed. However, for me it was under powered. This can be a great set up if you not looking at high volume levels. I traded my 1057 for a 1068/1075 and the difference was more detail and power. The 1075 was 120 watts per channel and was very impressed. Since then I have traded the 1075 for a Classe CAV 75 at 75 watts and the sound stage opened up even more and the power levels to me are about the same. I bought mine used for 750.00.
    The 1068 was trade for an Anthem 20 and have been even more impressed.
    I have been thinking of upgrading the 804s to the 802s or even looking at the Aerial line. When your ready give me a ring and maybe we can work something out. Good Luck

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Boone38
      I have the 804s and used the 1057 for a short time. I was very clean and detailed. However, for me it was under powered. This can be a great set up if you not looking at high volume levels. I traded my 1057 for a 1068/1075 and the difference was more detail and power. The 1075 was 120 watts per channel and was very impressed. Since then I have traded the 1075 for a Classe CAV 75 at 75 watts and the sound stage opened up even more and the power levels to me are about the same. I bought mine used for 750.00.
      The 1068 was trade for an Anthem 20 and have been even more impressed.
      I have been thinking of upgrading the 804s to the 802s or even looking at the Aerial line. When your ready give me a ring and maybe we can work something out. Good Luck
      Thanks i'll keep that in mind.What finish are your 804's if i may ask?I'm not amp savy,but could you explain how can a 75watt amp open up more than a 120 watt amp.As a side note i'm looking at a used sunfire grand cinema amp (225watts) online and if you got any insight on this amp it would be appreciated.

Comment

• chinets
        • Jun 2005

The more watts for your 804s would be better IMHO,as they would reveal more detail and let those woofers bark!! Upper notes and highs will be more sharp and detailed, and mids would be very noticable, and the bass would be more open. Yes, I would go would with the higher clean watts of a 120 or W amp over the 75W Amp any day. I don't know the sun fire grand cinema, sorry but with 225W ,and if it is clean pure 225W sound and you like the sound of it ,then, YES, go for it!!
        Cheers!

Comment

• shades
          • Mar 2005

I am using the 1056 for my 804s and it did the job well, but as everyone suggests the speakers will really open once you put good clean power to them. The rotel 1080 is a good start and can be had for a reasonable price ($600 to $750) on the used market like audiogon. Classe, Mcintosh, Krell, Bryston, and the likes usually are very underated in power and there you will notice a huge difference. Most run the first 30wpc in class A then switch to AB. Take your time when you decide on an amp and the rest of your equipment for that matter and listen, listen,listen with your own ears as they will be the ultimate decision.
          B&W, McIntosh, Rotel, PS3, OPPO, Pioneer, Cat Cables, Sound Anchors

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"