X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yessca
    • Oct 2006

B & W Set Up

Hi, I have a few questions for the group.

I just bought a couple sets of B & W speakers recently for music listening.

I picked up a set of Nautilus 805's and CDM7-SEs. What will be driving these is a McIntosh MC 2300 amp, McIntosh C32 preamp, and a McIntosh MAC 4100 as a tuner. Recently I've gone back to vinyl and I'm spinning a Thorens 160 with a Ortofon cartridge.

What are some suggestions to tweak this arrangement? In the past I used M&K speakers and they were good. Also do I need a separate sub woofer or will the CDM7s handle the load.

Also I just bought the 805's without the factory stands, and I need to know what is a good stand to use.

Thx
  • Aldo
    • Sep 2005

The original B&W stands are great!

Comment

• JudyLou
      • Apr 2006

Hi Thx
      The CDM7SE’s are very nice sounding speakers. Now about the bass – they have a very nice tight bass, but only goes down to 40Hz. So it all depends how you like your music, if you like to feel a little more bass I would definitely add a subwoofer. If you want to stick with B&W and you can afford the ASW750, go for it, goes down to 20Hz and it sound very good. If that’s a little steep for you, you can also go for the ASW675, very good also, goes down to 22Hz.
      Just be sure to do proper bass management between your mains and sub.
      Lourens

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"