Recommendations on HT Receiver for B&W 300 Series..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RH Customs
    • May 2006

Recommendations on HT Receiver for B&W 300 Series..

I currently own a pair of B&W DM 303's and a ASW 300 sub. I'm currently running a Yamaha RX-V530 and I'm looking to upgrade within the next 3 months. What would be a fairly good HT Receiver that also is very good for stereo power. I will primarily be listening to stereo and SACD music along with movies. Also B&W recommends a high current amp. As for budget I'd like to stay somewhere around $600.

Thanks
    RH
    "Yes, but these go up to aleven" Spinal Tap

RH
    :-y
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Are you looking at new or used equipment options?
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• RH Customs
      • May 2006

Either new or something in like new condition.

RH

RH

Comment

• scanido
        • Apr 2006

Do a search on an Arcam AVR300 or the newer Arcam AVR350 and you will see this is one of the best, if not the best, receiver right now. I considered this receiver, but needed more power for my speakers. It will drive your speakers nicely!

Comment

• RH Customs
          • May 2006

I think I would like to get a HT Receiver that can do at least 100 watts at 8 ohms. Also $600 is my maximum for my budget.

Thanks
          RH

RH

Comment

• miner
            • Mar 2005

For your budget take a look at Outlaw Audio. They have a 2 ch reciever that good marks in Stereophile. They do have an A/V receiver that starts at $899. Keep in mind that for $600 you can't get much of an upgrade unless you buy used.

Comment

• Miroku
              • Jul 2004

I'd recommend an entry level Marantz. Marantz sounds really nice with B&W in my opinion.

Comment

• RH Customs
                • May 2006

What model, and what is the price range on those? Becuase even though I have the "entry level" B&W's they are far better than other brands at thier price.

Thanks
                RH

RH

Comment

• RobP
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

RH, I picked up a pre-owned Rotel RSX1055 for my niece at my dealer for $600, it is only 75 watts per channel but it drives her 601's just fine. It sounds really good for both stereo and home theatre. If you can, go with Rotel, you may have to do some hunting (which to me is half the fun), but the upgrade is worth it IMO. :T
                  Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• RH Customs
                    • May 2006

Hmm that sounds like an idea, especialy since Rotel and B&W are part of the same company.

RH

RH

Comment

• audioqueso
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Miroku
                      I'd recommend an entry level Marantz. Marantz sounds really nice with B&W in my opinion.
                      Stronly agree with that comment. I had my 600 series powered only by my Marantz, and it was a very good match. Especially with movies. I received the 805s, sold the 600 series, purchased a Parasound amp, and set the Marantz as a pre-amp only. So my setup is B&W/Parasound/Marantz. I sold my amp yesterday and don't receive my new amp till late next week. My 805s are being powered only by my Marantz and they seem so weak now! lol But if I were to buy 600 series again, I would definitely buy a Marantz receiver to power them. :T
                      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• RH Customs
                        • May 2006

What is a fairly decent Marantz, keep in mind I can not spend over $600.

Thanks
                        RH

RH

Comment

• Miroku
                          • Jul 2004

You'll want to start at a Marantz SR7200 and on up in the used market. on audiogon I see an SR7200 for $450, and a 8400 for $625. I'd jump on the 8400 if possible to squeeze the extra $25. The higher the model #, the better they are!

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"