X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FENDEBENDER
    • Sep 2005

B&W Detailed = true ?

I audition a pair of b&w 703 about a year back and i found them to very detailed and revealing which initial sounded great, but later i started to really listen to all of the detail in songs i'd heard for years and it became clear to me that the sound didn't equall what i had heard in the past, don't get me wrong not saying if thats good or bad just different .

For example when listen to a ccr cut up around the bend with a mobile fidelity recording it just didn't sound like ccr so i found myself not enjoying the music because it wasn't what i remember likeing if that makes any sense , it became different. 8O

One could say it reveal more of the orginal recording but sense i had never heard it like that it became less appealing kinda like listen to a band that has re done a old favorite but you don;t like it because it soesn't sound like what you initial loved.

My question has anyone ever felt like this, to make a long store short i sent
    them back because i couldn't enjoy my collection which is what i wanted a system to do. I guess if i was 17 starting out with these then no problems but im 50 and most of the music i enjoy has came and gone.
  • junior77blue
    • Nov 2004

Unfortunately, B&W speakers make older recordings sound bad....which is kinda like a catch 22. So, in order to enjoy the new B&W speakers you can only listen to high quality recordings??

The main problem for me was lack of bass for some types of music. A sub fixed that problem just find!!

: )

Comment

• shadow
      • Dec 2003

Don't think the sound quality has anything to do with age. There are huge numbers of great recordings from 20 plus years ago, indeed good recording was far more common then than it is now IMO. That said, B&K speakers reproduce what they are fed, the old garbage in, garbage out. When you move up to the 800 series they actually seem a little more forgiving of bad material.

Comment

• FENDEBENDER
        • Sep 2005

I have thought of trying the 803's.

I guess it hard to judge recording anyway, if you go hear a local band out somewhere its going through a pa etc so you never get the image we look for at home, maybe at a smaller unamplifed place it may be different.

To stretch the truth for me itwould be like someone came from outerspace :E and said here's what it shoiuld really sound like and it sounded like two cats fighting would you say yes that what i want even tho it didn't sound the way you remembered at all. I think there has to be some give and take. Maybe the 803's

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"