X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cat Man
    • Jun 2005

B&W CT8 unveiling

Last Thursday, June 23, '05, I went to a Home Theatre show put on by a high-end dealer here in the Evergreen State of Washington. Their location is only 3 miles from the World Headquarters of Microsoft and the North American headquarters of Nintendo, (Nintendo of America). It seems money is no object when it comes to the gear offered at this location.
    I was curious to see the theatres they had at their shop. There were 7 full-size home theatres and a couple more listening and viewing rooms. Mainly interested in Rotel and B&W, I was glad to see they had 4 reps there to talk about their product, (there may have been more, there was a dizzying amount of equipment shown).
    B&W unveiled (world unveiling according to them, at least in a retail environment) their new CT8 Loudspeaker. It was coupled with a Runco VX60 projector ($150K) and, I believe, a line of Classe` power. The CT8 are designed to be placed into in-wall cabinets, custom entertainment centers, etc. The CT8's are B I G. And the sound is B I G G E R. WOW factor off the chart.
    Put together and shown on a curved Stewart screen, the demo with the Runco was a true 2.35:1 Cinemascope Widescreen for your home.
    One last toy to mention...the D-Box motion simulator theatre chairs. Their rep said they have over 400 movies programmed for their tilting, jumping, rockin, scare-the-****-out-of-you, luxury seating. Again...WOW
    One of the B&W reps said there will be a Rotel HDMI connection available in September and they are not going to offer any SACD units.

And finally, one last question, in all jest of course, should I buy a Ferrari or a home theatre, or perhaps both
  • Kens1
    • Mar 2005

If only I had more money. I have to stop reading this stuff - I have enough debt already.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"