X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Discount or Exchange?

If you discovered cosmetic defects with your B&W speakers and your dealer gives you two options which would you choose and why? Option 1 is a ten percent (10%) discount. Option 2 is to exchange them for a new pair.
    10% Discount
    8.33%
    Exchange for a new pair.
    91.67%

The poll is expired.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
  • Ash
    • Dec 2004

If it is minor and not noticeable, then I'd go for the discount.

Comment

• RNKC
      • Jun 2005

If I'm buying equipment new, the I expect "like new" quality. i.e. No blemishes, no nicks, no ticks, no nothing. If should be perfect. If I'm buying used I get a little more flexible with my expectations.

Therefore, in the case you outline above I would exchange for a new pair.

Comment

• Jeff
        • Dec 2004

It would depend upon the type, size and placement of the blemish. Also How long I intended to keep the speaker.

Comment

• junior77blue
          • Nov 2004

But it really depends on what blemish were talking about....as everyone else has stated. If you can be more specific and possibly show us some photos, we could better answer this question.

Comment

• RebelMan
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Some defects are more noticeable than others. Just quickly glancing at them and you might not notice them right away. However, under certain lighting conditions everything can be seen readily. I have pictures to upload (around 150KB each) but the 100KB limit is rather conservative. I will see what I can do.

Comment

• RebelMan
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

I agree with RNKC in that if you buy new they should be perfect. However, I also agree with Jeff's perspective that if you don't plan on keeping them for long then take the discount. Herein lies the delima. My intentions are to keep them for five years or more, but if I could move into the D series sooner (or the updated Signiture series if they should happen) then I might go for the upgrade, but this is a BIG "if".

Comment

• PewterTA
                • Nov 2004

Even 5 years is a long time. If it was like less than a year, then yeah you can take the discount...

I'm one that, I want just about as good of a perfection as I can get, if the scratch or whatever on them is too noticeable, I'd want a new par, which would be easier to sell as some people don't like to see defects (even if they were there originally when bought brand new).
                Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                -Dan

Comment

• beehive
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
                  If you discovered cosmetic defects with your B&W speakers and your dealer gives you two options which would you choose and why? Option 1 is a ten percent (10%) discount. Option 2 is to exchange them for a new pair.

go for a new set..you will never find peace looking at that cosmetic defect
                  unless 50% is offered

Comment

• RebelMan
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by beehive
                    go for a new set..you will never find peace looking at that cosmetic defect
                    unless 50% is offered
                    I agree and so I did. I was told by the dealer today that they ordered the new pair on Monday and should be here next week.

The overwhelming results of this poll made my tough decision a no brainer. Thanks for the input everyone. It was much appreciated.

Comment

• mr_m687
                      • May 2005

I have a defect on the top of one of my 804S's I have contacted B&W via email and they said someone would be contacting me very soon. That was a week ago. I talked to my dealer and they said to wait to hear from B&W. Will B&W get back to me and will they have no problem exchanging them? I have no way of proving the mark was there right out of the box. It was but do they generally believe the customer? Rebelman, who offered you the discount your dealer or B&W?

Comment

• RebelMan
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mr_m687
                        Will B&W get back to me and will they have no problem exchanging them? I have no way of proving the mark was there right out of the box. It was but do they generally believe the customer? Rebelman, who offered you the discount your dealer or B&W?
                        I contacted my dealer first, then about a week or two later I was directed by them to speak with B&W. B&W stated that this was a case that the dealer needed to settle, but that they (the dealer) were not obligated to. I asked both B&W and my dealer to work something out as I was not happy. Ultimately, they did. The discount was offered by my dealer on behalf of B&W.

B&W will support the customer, pretty much no questions asked, during the first 30 days of ownership. Afterwards, it becomes much harder to resolve cosmetic issues under warranty claims. B&W was okay to deal with and they will (eventually) contact you. Unfortunately, you must exercise a lot of patience when dealing with them.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"