X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr_m687
    • May 2005

800 Series Blemish?

I just bought a new pair of 804S's and on the top of one of the speakers are 4 small areas approx 1/8 inch long or less where it looks like the stain didn't get into the wood. They are rosenut so in the light you can notice them has anyone else had this problem or heard of this before? What should I do call the dealer and ask to replace them? I just broke these in and would hate to start over with a new pair. Suggestions please is there a way i could fix this?
  • Hoffa
    • Nov 2004

Not to sound rude, but you went through your entire breakin period without noticing this blemishes? I, for one, would think you would notice it as soon as you got those babies home? Depending on how nice your dealer is, they could potentially blame you for the problem since it sounds like you have had them for awhile now. No harm in trying though, the longer you wait, the less chance you have.

Comment

• mr_m687
      • May 2005

I should have called the same day I noticed it but didn't. I thought I could live with it but it's starting to bother me. It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't on the top of the speaker. Anyone else have suggestions for me?

Comment

• Hoffa
        • Nov 2004

Just call the dealer. Say that you thought you could live with it but can't, if it arrived that way, tell them. Let us know how it works out!

Comment

• scottielee
          • Apr 2005

if your dealer is being difficult, try emailing b&w directly through their website.

8 months ago, i discovered a small blemish on the cabinet front (behind grille) of my second pair of signature 805 after a full year of having them (first pair had something loose inside the cabinet). after notifying my dealer, i waited a month with no response. then i complained through b&w's website, b&w immediately contacted my dealer to have my monitors sent in. i received a new (third) pair a week later.

good luck!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"