X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mvdveek
    • Mar 2009

Thx for the complements.
    I've got a lot more changes om my mind. Like new surrounds, new sub, replace the receiver...
    But first I will construct a false wall, This will give me more room and a good way to get rid of the cables

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

mvdveek,

Very nice setup. The gloss black is quite striking.

You mentioned replacing the receiver later. One thing to consider is to get a dedicated 5 channel amp and use it with the receiver you have. This assumes the receiver has pre-outs for an external amp. The CM's will love the extra current. You can find good deals on used Rotel amps that would fit the bill nicely (like a 1075), if budget is limited. Then later you can replace the receiver with just a pre-amp.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• mvdveek
        • Mar 2009

Hi htsteve.

thx

That will probly be the way ill go at first.
        Im eyeballing the RMB-1575 and then later a new pre/pro. The 1570 will match nicely. But arent convinced about that one yet. Read alot about problems with it and there are other pre/pro's that give you more for about the same price.

Comment

• cdika17
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by mvdveek
          Hi htsteve.

thx

That will probly be the way ill go at first.
          Im eyeballing the RMB-1575 and then later a new pre/pro. The 1570 will match nicely. But arent convinced about that one yet. Read alot about problems with it and there are other pre/pro's that give you more for about the same price.
          go on...
          Chase

---------------------------------------------------
          Rotel RSP-1570, Rotel RMB-1575, B&W N805's, B&W Nautilus HTM2, APC H15, Mitsubishi HC7000 PJ, 110" Carada Brilliant White, SVS PCUltra 13, SVS AS-EQ1 Subwoofer EQ, Wadia 170i transport. Stay tuned, HTPC build coming!

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

mvdveek vbmenu_register("postmenu_452629", true);

Nice you might want to move your seat from in front the speaker
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• mvdveek
              • Mar 2009

lol.

But offcourse
              My new setup is far from finished. Im going to do some construction in the roon in may so everything will need to move anyway. After that im gonna position everything just as is should

One question for you guys.
              What would give me the best sound improvement for my set for around 2/3k. An extra amplifier connected to the AVR255, A new receiver. Or a new sub (currently a cheapo 200W)

Comment

• htsteve
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004

mvdveek,

For 2-3k (I am assuming USD), you gould get a Rotel 1075 (or similar) and a nice sub. That would be a very nice upgrade. But if you wanted to do only one component, then an external amp would be my choice. It would improve all five speakers. The bass response will also improve with the extra current, so it will help out the sub you have today.

OR, you might be able to find a nice pre-amp, amp combo around that price range. Most likely one component might be used, but you might find a deal. That would be the best upgrade to the system.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Mikael
                  • Aug 2007

Hi Mvdveek

It's a very good looking systen you got there, congrats. Where did you buy the white stereo rack?
                  Mikael

Comment

• mvdveek
                    • Mar 2009

@ Mikael
                    Made it myself

@htsteven
                    Its in euro's Going for an amp was my idea also. So thats good to know im on the right track. What will be a better match to drive my speakers, the 1575 with 250watt, the 1095 200watts or the 1075 with 120watts?

Comment

• htsteve
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Sep 2004

mvdveek,

I've had both Rotel class D amps, like the 1575, and I've owned the 1095 (class A/B). Both sounded very nice and drove my speakers well. I was impressed at the ability of the class D amps to control the bass drivers. My mindset was a bit skeptical going in that an amp that small could drive things well. But, it really did. I was quite happy.

So to me at least, the amp type didn't turn out to be a big issue (D vs. A/B). I will tell you the class D amps are a lot cooler than the class A/B's. And the much smaller size making placement much more flexible. And the weight is also much lower. The 1575 is 11 kg and the 1095 is about 35 kg.

My vote would be for the 1575. Very nice power, runs cool, flexible placement. And Rotel's current flagship multi-channel amp. The power in this amp will also allow you to upgrade speakers later and not have to swap out amps to support it (depending, of course, on how much bigger a next set of speakers would be).

Hope this helps.
                      Last edited by htsteve; 23 April 2009, 18:49 Thursday.

Comment

• mvdveek
                        • Mar 2009

it does. Thx!
                        Now I only need to wait for my dealer to finally get the 15 series in stock

Comment

• Ligald
                          • Feb 2009

802d setup

Hi,

Here are some pictures of my 2 weeks old stereo setup based on 802d.The room size is approximately 4m * 7m * 3m (~80 cube meters) with a hard stone floor.

The speakers are 802d (cherrywood) powered by a Classé CA-2200 stereo power amplifier. The latter is directly connected to the source, a Slimdevices Transporter, which also provides high-end D/A conversion and volume control capabilities. This way, the audio path is kept to the minimum as no further pre-amplifier is required anymore.

Source and amplifier are connected via XLR balanced cables (In-akustik NF-1302). Speakers are bi-wired with a 2*2mm2 cables (no name brand). The spikes will be installed on the 802d very soon.

Your comments/questions are welcome.

Ligald

Click image for larger version

Name:	Transporter + amplificateur.jpg
Views:	1836
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	853052

Name:	Salon.jpg
Views:	2216
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	853053

Name:	Salon 2.jpg
Views:	2110
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	853054
                          Last edited by theSven; 01 September 2023, 15:41 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• btf1980
                            • Aug 2007

Those gloss black CM9s are looking really good. I caved, and purchased the CM9 in Rosenut. Temptation got the best of me. :T

Nice set up Ligald! Surprised at the few amount of people using Transporters on this forum. It's really a great piece of kit.
                            A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• ray5
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Ligald
                              Hi,

Here are some pictures of my 2 weeks old stereo setup based on 802d.The room size is approximately 4m * 7m * 3m (~80 cube meters) with a hard stone floor.

The speakers are 802d (cherrywood) powered by a Classé CA-2200 stereo power amplifier. The latter is directly connected to the source, a Slimdevices Transporter, which also provides high-end D/A conversion and volume control capabilities. This way, the audio path is kept to the minimum as no further pre-amplifier is required anymore.

Source and amplifier are connected via XLR balanced cables (In-akustik NF-1302). Speakers are bi-wired with a 2*2mm2 cables (no name brand). The spikes will be installed on the 802d very soon.

Your comments/questions are welcome.

Ligald
                              Very nice setup! Love those 802D's. I just bought them, they arrive tomorrow. Enjoy!
                              Ray

Comment

• lvhung
                                • Jun 2005

Ray 6
                                Amazing BW but I thinhk you need to replace the HK receiver

Comment

• lvhung
                                  • Jun 2005

Ray 5
                                  Amazing BW CM series but I thinhk you need to replace the HK receiver

Comment

• rompower
                                    • May 2008

Well... I've been away from this forum for a while now but .. here's my new dedicated room =)

Room itself: 23x18x10'
                                    Equipments: SSP-800, CDP-300, CA-5100, CA-3200, Bluray player denon 3800bdci,
                                    Speakers: fronts 802D, center htm1d, surround 803D.

And before anyone judgement on my damn comfortable couch, I know the color doesn't match!!! eheh. I already had this one before building my room and well.. didn't had time to choose a better match yet...

Name:	DSC_0008_100k.jpg
Views:	1903
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	853101

Name:	DSC_0011_100k.JPG
Views:	2390
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	853102
                                    Last edited by theSven; 01 September 2023, 15:42 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Relentless
                                      • Jul 2007

Congrats...... very nice. With all of that beautiful equipment, who is looking at the couch anyways.
                                      I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
                                      Lou

Comment

• rompower
                                        • May 2008

who is looking at the couch anyways. <<<<< MY WIFE! lol

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                          • May 2008

Very nice room Rompower! :T What acoustic treatments are you using? More pics!
                                          Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• rompower
                                            • May 2008

Thanks kahuna,
                                            For the acoustic treatment, I'm using some accoustic panel made from fiberglass and few other stuff I'm not sure of. eheh I bought them from a manufacturer.
                                            I put 2 panels each side of the front speakers (the improvement was SO amazing), 2 more on the ceiling. I need to add another one behind the center speaker, there's some reverberation coming from it... But my tuning isn't down yet.

I'll post more pictures tomorrow

Comment

• style
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Feb 2006

Hy rompower,

great job. clean, Black, nice and power..ed :T

The CA3200 for the front-side look good.

the CA5100 is for the 803d in bi.amp or you go have anotherin thing in your head?

greeting Omar

Comment

• rompower
                                                • May 2008

Thanks style =)

In fact, I put the ca-51 for a 7.1 surround sound... some days later Just moved in so a lot of things to do (according to my wife eheh) before upgrading my system to a 7.1.

I also have to buy my rack to put all my audio equipment, yet, everything is home made, even the support for htm1d and ca-32 and ca-51, But that's nice, the black tainted ended the same color as the foot of the 802D so there's a continuation !

Comment

• gross30
                                                  • Jun 2005

Rompower, nice gear, and as long as the couch is comfy, who cares what color it is...lolol, mine doesn't match either, but I am pretty sure it doesn't effect the sound..... :T

Comment

• style
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Feb 2006

Hi rompower,

In fact, I put the ca-51 for a 7.1 surround sound... some days later Just moved in so a lot of things to do (according to my wife eheh) before upgrading my system to a 7.1.
                                                    Well I will be go with a great 5.1 system in place of a 7.1 approximative....

how much is long the XLR cable from the SSP800 to the ca32??

I have see a very nice new finite elemente Pagode/Rack...but expensive :cry:

I can try the bi-amp the ca51, for the 803D will be very healthy, with bi.amp the 803d will give you a superbe detailed sound, maybe better than a 200W "monoblock"! (this assumption by the fact that 2 x CA22 sounding better than 1 x CA400).

A rack for all your gears (attention the weight!!!) is not so easy to find.
                                                    You don't have problems with the cdp300 on the top of the ssp800 (temperatur)??

I have too a Denon bluray Denon3800 and is a nice player. I have the pioneer LX91 too and is very amazing vs. the Denon, believe me.

The cdp300 give you satisfaction with yours sound?

The new codec for the SSP800 (2 chip) will be athalt juny avialable: with the analog connection to the SSP800 will be very hard decide wath is the best connection! HDMI or analog(Bitstream)?? To be tested.

greetings Style

Comment

• rompower
                                                      • May 2008

hey style!
                                                      XLR cable are 30' long... I could have gone shorter for the front one but well, I wanted all cables to be the same length. I may change them in a near future for something shorter since I found a path to pass them (I have a door to cross) Didn't want to drill anything eheh
                                                      About the weight, No I don't care about it since the CA-3200 has it own stand as the 5100 do The rack will only support the SSp-8, bluray, xbox360 and cdp-300, so really standard weight.
                                                      About the sound, CDP-300 is amazing, room treatment is far more important than buying the 202 Plus, I bought it for 2500 US so... a REAL bargain!
                                                      And for the new DSP for the SSP-8, I think it's not the place to discuss it but well... We'll "hear" in a few months .

Comment

• style
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Feb 2006

Hy,

A cdp300 for $. 2500.- 8O 8O , in Europa I have a price from chf. 11750.-
                                                        (ca. $. 10000.-!!!) Oke, with have a promotion 25% but we speak always from a lot of money ca. $. 7500.- :cry:

You have all the 5 cables XLR in 30' long?? well "om the air" (Peter Gabriel) :B :B
                                                        but you go buy a new rack? the CA32 is veery nice where is placed.

a "little" rack for the SSP800 and for the cdp300 plus bluray transport 2500 will be interesting and very great in look!

I don't have a projector but a new Kuro 60" and for me is very amazing :T
                                                        (no dedicat room ops: )
                                                        After a lot of opinion over cdp102/202/300 all they say "is not a good player,
                                                        go for this or for that....the future is with a digital pc / mac.... I WILL GO WITH A CLASSE PLAYER.
                                                        the cdp202 isdont make the difference vs. the cdp300.
                                                        the basis cdp102 will be enoght for me and with my 2 bluray player (Pioneer LX91-09 in Usa - denon 3800bdci) Is have all what I need.

the 802D-htm1d-803d is a dream combo. Before one addition from 2 speakers
                                                        (7.1 system) wait!!! now you have a very amazing system...with a extra ampli
                                                        not classe and 2 speakers medium level your sound can go down....
                                                        (with the movie is not so important but if you go set the ssp800 in multi sonud party (= all channel at work) the D Diamond make you a very good auditorium room!!

You need a subwoofer :W ?
                                                        all the remote control or you have or will go with a universal remote (logitech 1000,philips pronto,nevo,???)

Omar

Comment

• rompower
                                                          • May 2008

For the rack, indeed i only need a "little" rack for the ssp, both CA-5100 and CA-3200 have their own stand, home made and well... I like the look of it =) I filled the box with insulating, when knocking on it, sounds like knocking on the 802d, sounds full! eheheh

Subwoofer... If i need... well I have to admit that there's missing a little thing in the low end but, very satisfied with the sound quality, not yet perfectly tuned but well... I borrowed the 855 from B&W and not really satisfied for the price they're selling it.

Later Omar

Ps: All the remote ctrl Even my PC is connected to my SSP so, keyboard, mouse, ssp-8 remote, cdp-3 remote, bluray... And in fact, I don't even see a need for a universal remote except less batteries are required

Comment

• style
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • Feb 2006

and the CA51 where is placed??
                                                            the ampli stand are in wood? yuorself build...--> well, massive stand!!

Agree, "only" a nice rack for the SSP800 & CDP300.

The sub with the 802D will be good with the action-movie.....but the B&W855
                                                            is OVERpriced.
                                                            I have a 750 and is enoght (and more!)
                                                            A Velodyne or the JL Audio (not available in europa ops: ) will be the right choice.
                                                            a DD15 give sure a "puncch" at your system but "take is's easy" - whit the time come in your great room.

All connect on your PC?? (remote ctrl) ?? How?? Sorry for my "stupid queston" ops:

Comment

• rompower
                                                              • May 2008

Ca-5100 is placed just behind the soda, same stand as the ca-3200
                                                              And yes, everything is in wood, filled with rockwool
                                                              For the sub, I was looking at maybe the SVS PB ultra 13... And for my PC... the common name used for it is HTPC

Comment

• ironcorn
                                                                • Feb 2009

Here's my new rears, 803S, in my 5.1 set up. On movies with decent surround info, they sound pretty good, nice bass. Should have the new oppo very soon, so looking forward to multi channel music.

Name:	IMGP0086.webp
Views:	56
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	948681

Name:	IMGP0085.webp
Views:	53
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	948682
                                                                Last edited by theSven; 01 September 2023, 15:44 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• style
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Feb 2006

Hallo ironcorn,

the "stand" on the 803 are very nice..but not aailable in europa...

Sorry you have a 802d no as front??

thx Style

Comment

• ironcorn
                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by style
                                                                    Hallo ironcorn,

the "stand" on the 803 are very nice..but not aailable in europa...

Sorry you have a 802d no as front??

thx Style
                                                                    Hi, No 803D or 802D up front, only 803S and a HTM1 (old model). I listened to the 803D and the sound is very nice, but I listen to mostly movies and I have to move every few years, so the 803S was a nice compromise.

Comment

• style
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • Feb 2006

Right,

I'm a very movies fan...at today 803D & htm2d front, rear I have the 805S:
                                                                      the 805s is a great speaker no words¨but I have in my head a CM7 for the rear...not to much expensive and nice look.

the 805S will be placed in another room for a 2 channel system...I go see.

Style

Comment

• kmcheng
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Jan 2008

My setup

I recently bought a new toy (Nikon D90 DSLR camera). Its first duty was to pay tribute to my other toys:

B&W 803D
                                                                        B&W PV1 subwoofers
                                                                        Bel Canto CD2
                                                                        Bel Canto DAC3
                                                                        Bel Canto S300i integrated amplifier
                                                                        Rotel 1069 processor
                                                                        PS3
                                                                        Comcast cable box

In case you are wondering, the M1 in the center channel position is not doing anything. I am just too lazy to unhook it.

Name:	DSC_small.JPG
Views:	2855
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	853133
                                                                        Last edited by theSven; 01 September 2023, 15:12 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• artv4
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Jun 2007

lovin the bel canto gear!!!!! do some close up pics of your gear please!!!!!!!!!
                                                                          GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• kmcheng
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Jan 2008
                                                                            • 253

Originally posted by artv4
                                                                            lovin the bel canot gear!!!!! do some close up pics of your gear please!!!!!!!!!
                                                                            Many thanks. I like the Bel Canto mostly for their looks and sizes. Of my three pieces (CD2, DAC3 and S300i) I like the CD2 the best: small footprint, clean lines, top loading, no mechanical tray to break, sensitive remote reception, quiet operation.

Will take some more close-up pics later this evening.

Comment

• kmcheng
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Jan 2008
                                                                              • 253

A few more close-up pictures of my setup.

Name:	DSC_0157.JPG
Views:	1611
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	853136

Name:	DSC_0158.JPG
Views:	1679
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	853137

Name:	DSC_0159.JPG
Views:	1592
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	853138

Name:	DSC_0160.JPG
Views:	1655
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	853139
                                                                              Last edited by theSven; 01 September 2023, 15:14 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • May 2008
                                                                                • 222

Looks great! PV1 looks very cool!
                                                                                Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Sep 2005
                                                                                  • 1792

Finally I get to see a white PV1 in a real setup. Looks great!
                                                                                  Can you takes some pics of it at other angels? I personally prefer the straight on look.

Comment

• kmcheng
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Jan 2008
                                                                                    • 253

Nolan,

These are for you. The white color makes the PV1 looks a little more "finished" with the B&W logo facing forward. Besides, I do not want the woofers firing towards the glass doors of the cabinets.

By the way, with the 803D, there is no reason for me keep two subwoofers. But then there is also no reason for me to not keep the two white PV1. It looks more "balanced" with two. :W

Name:	DSC_0172.JPG
Views:	1591
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	853143

Name:	DSC_0175.JPG
Views:	1542
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	853144

Name:	DSC_0176.JPG
Views:	1676
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	853145
                                                                                    Last edited by theSven; 01 September 2023, 15:16 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Mig17
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Jan 2008
                                                                                      • 169

what model of bel canto amplifier ?

Comment

• kmcheng
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Jan 2008
                                                                                        • 253

Originally posted by Mig17
                                                                                        what model of bel canto amplifier ?
                                                                                        S300i. I think Bel Canto has some newer versions/variations after I bought it.

Comment

• Mig17
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Jan 2008
                                                                                          • 169

Bel canto is quite rare in the forum
                                                                                          but it look very attractive

have you ever compared with Rotel amplifier traditional and D class Amplifier

Comment

• ray5
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Dec 2008
                                                                                            • 444

My setup

HI Guys! Here goes. After months of planning, here it goes!
                                                                                            Ray

Oooops, How do I attach the pictures?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"