X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

ROTK / Im done!

My dealer called me thrusday and told me to come in that afternoon, that he had something there for me. When I showed up, he had my SCM1's in! I brought them home, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to set them up that night. We went over to a friends house for sushi, and my fiance and I wanted to watch the apprentice finally. I was off yesterday (friday) so I set them up with my same old speaker wire that was powering my 603's. They arent in ideal locations, but they do sound great! I watched Return of The King yesterday, figured that would be a good way to break them in. I can't explain it. but there is definately a night and day difference. Its more like they arent there than the 603's were. The 603's sounded like a bad echo, while these actually sound like what I am supposed to be hearing! I can't wait to get them broken in!

For now, I am using regular speaker wire. Since I am in an apt and will be another year, I don't think it would be wise to sink money into a nice long pair of cables that may or may not be long enough when I get into a house, but I look forward to the time when I can bi-wire them!

While it would have been nice to get 803's, or even 802's, I listen to my system and think "I am crazy for not thinking this sounds amazing!" I plan on getting the sound anchor stands in march, but other than that, my speaker situation is finally complete!

It is time to move on from spending money on them. I want to upgrade my receiver to the sherwood p-965, but Im gonna wait a little while right now.

Its been a year and a half of upgrading, but when I sit down and listen to the system, it was worth it. I know I have reached an audio nirvana!

I just hope HD-DVD/Blue Ray is a little slow late next year. I need to build a savings again! (did I just say that?)
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...
  • gostan
    • May 2003

Dan,

Congrats on your new SCM1's. Just sit back and listen and enjoy.

Stan
    Stan

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"