X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedStep
    • Sep 2002

FPM series listening test

I made time to listen to the FPM series today. My first initial thought was these are OK sounding, nothing impressive. The more I listened, the better they sounded. Mabe I was just getting accustomed to the sound, or it may have been psycosomatic. Either way I came away wanting more. They sounded a little warm for me, but had with crisp highs, mabe I'm setting my expectations a little high. Mabe I'll have to be happy with the sound as the aesthetics are important.
    I am going to listen to the Martin Logan Fresco's tomorrow and will post comparison.
    RedStep
    We are truly a product of the decisions we make
  • RedStep
    • Sep 2002

I also discussed price and they would do 10%, if I bought a set of 5...the FPM6 were $900 a piece. I have heard up to 15%, any thoughts...
    Cowanrg you were correct on the price, any wisdom on the type of discount one can negociate???
    Last edited by RedStep; 16 December 2004, 22:28 Thursday.
    RedStep

Comment

• RedStep
      • Sep 2002

I went down to the local tweeter and tried get a listen to the ML Fresco's. They only had them set up as the surround speakers, so I didn't get a real example of what they could do. I will say the build quality looked cheap, not even to compare to the B&W's...The B&W's had much more solid cabinetry and quality feel, this is what there famous for. These are two competing lines, but not comparable products. From my quick listening test B&W wins hands down.
      any comments
      RedStep

Comment

• RedStep
        • Sep 2002

Anyone???
        RedStep

Comment

• Cowanrg
          • Feb 2004

i just saw your post...

get some good power to them and they will SING.

as far as discounts, i personally only do 10%. any more, and i feel like im whoring them out. some places do give 15%, although for B&W its not too common. they try and price their stuff competitively, so they dont have to discount stuff as much.

Comment

• Cowanrg
            • Feb 2004

i re-read your post, and i have a few more things to add...

the FPM's are pretty picky with equipment. when we first got ours in, they of course got mounted to the side of a plasma display, and setup with a cheaper receiver and that was that... if they ever meet a customer's needs, i definately take them off the wall and hook them up to some nice gear, and they come alive.

secondly, about the haggling issue, you can certainly shoot for 15%, but i wouldnt shoot for more than that, it will probably just be a waste of time.

do you have anything hooked up to your B&K ref50 v2 yet? im very curious to see how it performs. im going to get it, but im just curious how much better it is than last yeras.

Comment

• RedStep
              • Sep 2002

Thanks for the response...I will definately go with the FPM's when the time comes...I haven't purchased the coveted Ref 50 S2 yet, I am going to build next year and will have seperate media room then. Getting finances in order for that Big purchase.
              They were talking about unilaterial pricing and 10% will be ok, but if I can squeeze 15, I will...thanks
              RedStep

Comment

• marius
                • Oct 2004

I bought a set of FPM5's a while back. The best I could do was 10% off. These are made in China, if that's important to you, but they do sound amazinig with a sub and I do not regret my purchase.
                Simon

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"