X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clive
    Former Moderator
    • Jan 2002

News......Best Buy comes to my town!!

You must know when I have a few days off eh? Well it all ends tonight. I start a new job......... as a corporate Chef........new company................... tomorrow morning :uhoh:

Anyway, checking out all my favourite HT spots today and saw for the first time a BEST BUY store openning in two weeks. I read so much from people in New York refering to Best Buy for HT purchases. I hope they will bring some good bargains and give Future Shop a run for the money. Can't wait!!! ;h

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
    CLIVE

• Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I hope they will bring some good bargains and give Future Shop a run for the money
    Well seeing as how Best Buy owns Future Shop I'd be surprised to see one batteling the other on low prices...actually I'm surprised they're bothering to open a Best Buy store and not just another Future Shop unless this is a test to see if all FS's may get converted over to BB's?

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Congrats on the new gig Clive, goodluck, and don't burn the water, lol.

Best Buy is ok for run of the mill stuff, but if you want true hi-fi, usually have to look a little further...

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Clive, congrats on the new job! :T

BB has become quite a good resource for DVD's themselves. When I need instant movies, that's where I head. Not so much for equipment tho' - for the most part, that is VERY low end.

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chip
          • Aug 2001

Clive,

Best Buy is a great resource for dvd's... Every Tuesday is "release day" (at least in my area, South Jersey). Prices are usually lower for new titles on release day . As far as gear goes, ehh. I did buy my very first HT speakers at Best Buy though, JBL HLS810's & a JBL mudbox sub. Still have the bookshelf's. Not bad entry level speakers. h:

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
          Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

CORPORATE CHEF, eh. Does that mean you get keys to the executive restroom ? :yeah:

My Homepage!
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Uncle Clive
              Former Moderator
              • Jan 2002

Phew 8:00Pm Just getting back and OH MY GOD you guys just way too funny ;s@

Anyways, I didn't know BB was owned by FS and whats even more funny is that the two stores are located across from each other in strip malls. You can actually see one from the other .........go figure :uhoh:

My first day was a blast. Many of the kitchen crew where I'm stationed were so nervous and there were whispers about who was gonna be fired first. So I played the game. I went into the kitchen, called out the names of 3 people and asked them to come see me one after the other. WELL, instead, I gave them a pep talk, told them that I needed their support and should report to me anything that they think should be changed. But they had to make me a promise >When they went back into the kitchen, they were not allowed to talk about what just took place and they were not allowed to smile, until the last person saw me. After an hour of this I went into the kitchen and had a good laugh!! ICE broken. Mean chef!!

Thanks Guys for the compliments and I shall not BURN WATER ......again. Thank you!

Cheers!

CLIVE

CLIVE

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Where are you working Clive? I might have to stop by one my next trip to TO

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"