X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

What have you been meaning to do?

Talking simple changes here. Something that will cost you little to no additional cash. Maybe it's redo the rack, reposition speakers, recalibrate, etc...

Just curious what laziness has set in with your theater management. I sure know folks been lazy about posting. I want to make sure your theaters are in prime shape for the upcoming fall and winter seasons. :B

I think you know what changes I implemented recently. Very very positive changes, but yes, part of it did cost me cash.

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

well I'm currently redoing the rack and I want to do something about the rats nest o cables back there then I install everything again...also build new stands for the mains..other then that not much

Comment

• pf
      • Oct 2000

Heck Doug since you ask...

As you know I've been up to my eyebrowse this weekend setting up the Maggies & testing out the Cats. Fortunately both seem to work fine except I may have to make quite a bit of rearrangement to equip my new upstair music room. The 3.6's are currently being driven by the Brystons which seem a good fit. I plan on eventually moving the lowboy rack (in front of the RPTV) from my HT room downstair to the new room to hold the amps. That means I probably will have to use the Line 3 preamp to drive the upstair system since the CasaBlanca has to stay with the HT. Depending on how the Line 3 matches up with the Maggies, I may eventually go for an Adcom GFP-750.

Well that's quite a bit of thinking (plus a lot of speaker & amp hauling) for one weekend and I am dead tired.

Doug, one more time. That MonsterCat Digial cable has one heck of a heatshrink. The pics you have on the Cat site didn't do it justice and it works just fine b/w my Planet & the DAC.

PF

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Andrew, cool, keep us posted how it all works out.

Oh, you got it ey Po-ming? Don't meant to turn this into a CAT thread, but I hadn't even thought about the fact you picked them up yesterday. The XLRs work great too, I assume, since I broke them in so well for you. lol. One thing's for sure, there's no mistaking that monster cat digital interconnect huh? You have been a busy guy for sure! Having just tore mine most the way down 2 weekends ago, I know exactly what your talking about.

Lex
        Doug

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Well this is not HT equipment related or anything, but I have been putting off setting up a database for my movie collection on my stupid computer. It's a massive job 'cause I have somewhere around 2000 titles in a mixed bag of DVDs, LDs and (UGH) VHS tapes.I have been putting it off mainly because I am slowly replacing some titles in both tape and LD with DVD. So I'm actually losing count. Lately I seem to be replacing more than adding to my collection and it will save time and effort to wait until a lot of the replacing has been done.It's the inputting thing for the first time that I'm not looking forward to. I also have to try and rearrange my titles (DVD,at least) alphabetically. But it's just too hot to sit over a computer right now. This is a winter project.

BTW, Lex, this isn't the only site that's slow these days. Once vacations and summer are over, things will get busy again.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

• P-Dub
            Office Moderator
            • Aug 2000

George: At least foe DVD managing, DVD Profiler is the way to go. Just enter in the UPC code and it will do the rest.

You may even be able to rig it so you could add LD titles and VHS titles.

I've recently added a new equipment rack and a CD rack, and put my TV onto a different stand. Looks sharp.

Now I want to make some matts and that should be it. Hope to finish that before Sept.
            Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• KennyG
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Sep 2000

I have recently painted my HT, it's now 18% gray, that includes the ceiling...big improvement!
              Now I've torn my htpc apart, sent a modified video capture card and my audio card off to a friend who's building me a new 1.4ghz unit. I then took the rest of the old 733mhz htpc and turned it into a computer for my daughter as she is entering college.
              Once my htpc returns and have had a few days to evaluate and get used to it, I'll install my Extron 202 video amp into the display chain.

All this tinkering is just to much fun!

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Kewl guys. Nice changes too.

George, that's a very related topic, IMO. Just inputing titles for 300 on my megachanger was a daunting task. I couldn't imagine 2K titles, yikes!

To detail my changes, my HPA-2 is now in the floor on boards, sitting next to my new Classe' CP-35 on a Lovan stand. New XLR Silvercats connect pre-amp to amp, Coppercats connect HT to AMP. (Flip switch to go back and forth. Rack was all cleaned, TV cleaned, and my HT looks pretty good now, after removing some of the top clutter. I was stacked like 4 components high on top. Now just an inexpensive CD changer sits on top with a DSS box on that. All, great changes except for having to get up to go between CD and Movie.

Yes, George, I am aware of the vacation thing. what gets me is our lack of new member count as well. Many forums pick up several members a day, and we just aren't. It really hurts growth because you naturally loose a few members along the way as well.

Lex
                Doug

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Paul-
                  Thanks for the tip on DVD Profiler.Sounds great.

My Homepage!
                  My Homepage!

Comment

• Ken McDaniel
                    • Aug 2000

Well, after moving into yet another new residence (one of the benefits of going Army) I am challenged with yet another HT setup. Currently the front array is back in place. But because of the oddly shaped room I'm can't even center the couch on the ideal listening position. I also have to hide a bunch of wire and bring the rears into play.

Of course this means I have to buy new wire being that it's now a much more difficult run. Of course the wife is now bugging me because she wants her surround.....

Ken
                    Ken

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Talking simple changes here. Something that will cost you little to no additional cash.
                      Just can't do it Lex. It's in the blood to spend money.

Actually I have my second set of Rear ADP's on a ledge on the back wall, but need to mount them on some nifty swivel stands that I have. It won't take long. I just have to take the time to do it..Soon ,,Very Soon.

Trevor
                      My HomeTheater S.E.
                      Sonically Enhanced
                      C5
                      Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Lex
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Apr 2001

Ken, goodluck with the new challenge, and I know if that isn't enough, it's hard to do these things when your on manuevers!

Trev, or you could just upgrade em, lol. :P

Lex
                        Doug

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"