X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Schell
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Alpine Car Audio Project

I had recently purchased an Alpine Car Audio system a couple of weeks back. However it did not meet my expectations so my 1997 Intrepid went back for another operation to istall some better quality components and parts. The guys did a great job as I ended up with a system that sounds pretty darn good. I just have to make sure I keep my seatbelt on so as not to bounce all over the inside of the car.

Here's some pictures to show the final results.

Here is the open trunk showing the sub box.

A closer up veiw,,2 12" subs.

The amps are Alpine V12's.

Two V12's put out 300 watts each into the dual coil subs

A single V12 produces 4x90watts into the rear deck 6x9's and the 5 1/4's in the front doors.

This is the digital capacitor made by Boss that assists in powering the amps.

This is the head unit. The face plate unfastens and fits into a little case to avoid theft.
    The head units puts out 60wattsx4. The Blue lights are mezmorizing.
    :E

The Engine had to be modified to accomidate the system.

A close-up of the Blue Nitro kit.

Thanks.

Trevor
    My HomeTheater S.E.
    Sonically Enhanced
    C5

Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

All I can say is wow. I am totally impressed! So, you put Nitro on that Intrepid? :E

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

Nice system there Trev. I had an Alpine headunit in my first car (bottom of the line cassette stereo, in a '82 Olds Omega), and it was a nice piece. Well built, too--it survived a theft attempt (NON-professional) with only a few scratches. I had a Realistic 60 watt EQ/amp powering the rear Pioneer speakers, and the headunit powering the fronts. Nothing since has ever sounded like that system did in that car. Ahh... the memories. Of course, this was in the late 80s so I got to listen to that great 80s music on it!

Now I just have a cheap Sony system in my current car, but then I'm a bit older and more sensible now (and wanted CD and MD capability instead of brute power this time around). I just need to ditch the factory speakers, maybe next spring.

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
      My HT Site

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Trev,

That is very nice work. And a nice system too! Now all you need is a dvd player and monitor.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"