X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt Broeska
    • Nov 2000

what bugs me about LOA on dvd...

kay. this seriously bugs me. why can't people appreciate what they've got? lawrence fo arabia on dvd looks so spectacular i can't get over it. the only flaw is what's on the original film (i believe richard harris talked about this on the htf) and it's so infrequent that it's only a mild distraction.

people have become so used to perfet trasfers of new movies that they expect nothing less in a movie that's almost 40 years old. granted, i've been known to complain too... the layer switch on bridge on the river kwai is really obnoxious, but overall the film is so beautiful i have nothing to complain about.

i just wish people would stop feeling that the world owes them something and learn to appreciate what they've got. no dts on x-men?! who cares.

just my $0.02.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

Well, there are alot of flaws in this transfer, and the bigger the screen the more they stand out, so I can see them all (screen is 80" wide)
    The first half hour is the worst.
    HOWEVER I have never and will never complain about this transfer. I'm just glad to have it!
    One of the best in the restoration bizz (Harris) has done the best he could with it...that's good enough for me.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"