X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinny
    • Mar 2006

Blu-Ray's pre-launch Players

Some websites start to have it available for preorder, but $1000! :E
    However, the upconversion of DVD to 1080p seems more attractive. Samsung's model does not support for new DTS-HD decoding which is a little weird. What concerned me most was Samsung does need a better designer on remote, their remotes are like some $50 TV's remote :roll:
    Pioneer KRP-500M
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Parasound 5125
    Oppo BDP-83
    Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
    SVS PB-10NSD
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Cool. The actual appearance of both models, though, does look pretty cheap. Notice the Samsung doesn't have multichannel analog outputs? Virtually no receivers/processors right now take the new sound formats via HDMI or anything else.

Good to see Blu-Ray coming out.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

If only the Sony had the Samsung's styling. Asthetically, I'm not going for that blue faceplate.

But. . . . . I. . . . . MUST. . . . . resist. :uhoh:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by David Meek
        If only the Sony had the Samsung's styling. Asthetically, I'm not going for that blue faceplate.

But. . . . . I. . . . . MUST. . . . . resist. :uhoh:
        They're both kinda ugly if you ask me
        Jason

Comment

• Shane Martin
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2001

Virtually no receivers/processors right now take the new sound formats via HDMI or anything else.
          If they take HDMI 1.1 they do. That includes ALOT of processors and receivers. The audio processor would then be located in the dvd player.

One large negative I've heard is that BR won't have the Hi Res Audio formats on the first gen players.

The Sony is definitely the best looking player IMHO.

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Shane Martin
            If they take HDMI 1.1 they do. That includes ALOT of processors and receivers. The audio processor would then be located in the dvd player.
            Not necessarily true. I recently found out that some of those receivers only perform video switching/scaling over HDMI and that the HDMI connection may not be connected to the audio circuitry at all which sucks
            Jason

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Exactly.

Me, I'm going to discipline myself not to get any Blu-Ray or HD-DVD until AT LEAST the PS3 comes out. Once it does, then I'll decide whether to get one, something else, or wait for 2nd gen players.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"