X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommy_sn
    • Nov 2004

3910 - problems with dvd-r discs

Hi!

I have some problems playing dvd-r discs on my 3910. Some times the picture pixelates, laggs and the movie freezes. But the next day, when i put in the same disc, it works perfectly. Anyone had similar problems, and know about a possible solution?

Tommy!
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

But the next day, when i put in the same disc, it works perfectly.
    So just play it the next day. :>)

I'm guessing that "the next day" you might have centered the disc in the tray a little bit better than the day before, so it played OK.

I had a similar problem with a DVD+RW in my Denon 3910. At first I thought perhaps I had uncovered the infamous "macro blocking" that some have described elsewhere, but since it had not been apparent on other discs, I figured something else was working here. Thinking back to the early days of CD when placement in the tray made a big difference in whether the disc played properly, I "jiggled" the disc in the tray to make sure it was seated properly and it played fine. Might be worth a try next time you encounter the problem.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"