• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

PS3 internet sucking problem!!!

Hey Folks,

Lately, I've been using my PS3 for DVD and BD playback but I've run into a problem. My PS3 connects to my phone's wi-fi hotspot when I start it up, sucking huge amounts of data in the process. I have no internet at my apartment and use my phone's 'hot spot' for connecting to the internet. As a result, I have gone over my phone's internet bandwidth this month!!.

How do I stop the PS3 from auto-connecting to this 'hotspot' ?. I know that I can simply turn off the hot spot function on my phone, but I frequently forget to do this and the PS3 just sucks off it for the playstation ads and promos (and possibly other stuff). I want it to connect to my hot spot only for firmware updates when needed.
    Dan Madden :T
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Go into the wireless settings and disconnect it...?

Comment

• technodanvan
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2009

There's gotta be a method for shutting off the wireless on your PS3, right?

Or just switch it to the 'wired' mode. That might kill it too.
      - Danny

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Yeah, you can get into the PS3 settings, and manually turn it on and off when you want it to connect. It will be extra work and kind of a pain, but solve your problem if you really don't want it auto-connecting.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"