E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

Has Axiom fallen prey to a weak economy like so many others recently, or is this just a model closeout?

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I thought Axiom was an Isuzu SUV. I've never heard of this speaker brand. Are they good for the price, or just good?

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• efarstad
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2001

Rock dog...the "zero's" are closeouts...the rest are still current!

David: I have a pair of their QS-8's that I actually bought from Audioshop! They're very similar to Energy speakers in performance and actually "sonics" as well. You can check them out at http://www.axiomaudio.com. I think they're a great buy for the price...especially these close out prices! 8O

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

There's been quite a buzz around the net about them. I have no experience, just passing it along.

Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• efarstad
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2001

Had I not already had some Energy speakers I would have bought more Axioms...they really are amazing little performers!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
            E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
            E-Cinema

Comment

• spiffnme
              • Apr 2003

Hi all...I usually only hang out in the Club Rotel room, but since the avsforum speaker room was shutdown, I've been nosing around.

Axiom speakers are wonderful. Over the past 9 months or so, I've been slowly upgrading my 10 year old system. I've demo'd more speakers than I care to admit! All the usual suspects, B&W, Energy, NHT, Boston, Monitor Audio, heck....even Bose. To my ears, nothing beat the Axiom's. I first bought a pair of their M22ti's. Before doing so, I had narrowed my search down to the Energy C-3 or the Axioms. I bought both, brought them home and A/B'd them in my own living room. The Axiom's clarity and detail far surpassed the C-3's - and for $360 vs the C-3's $500

Unfortunately for me, after my purchase I didn't stop listening to speakers. It became a hobby of mine - demo'ing speakers. I then heard (and fell in love with) the Energy Veritas 2.2. A $1500 speaker. (ouch). I couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of cash, so I waited. My waiting paid off, and I found an "open box" pair at my local Good Guys for $750 ($815 after tax) Brought them home and still really, really enjoyed them. Lucky for me though, a fellow boarder had a pair of Axiom's M60ti's and let me have them for the week. I was able to do extensive side-by-side comparisons between the two and though both had pros and cons, I ended up bring those Veritas back and ordering myself a pair of the Axiom M60ti! (I'll post a separate thread with my entire Veritas vs M60 thoughts) btw...the M60ti has an msrp of $800 vs the Veritas 2.2 msrp of $1500.

Anyway...my point is Axiom Audio is certainly a speaker company worth your time when speaker upgrade time comes. Give 'em a listen, you may like what you hear, and your wallet will thank you!

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
              All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• Danbry39
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Sep 2002

spiffnme,

How do the M60ti's compare with the M22ti's, especially when using a sub. I've been following companies like Axion, Tyler, and A.C.I., but can only fit bookshelf speakers into my bedroom. The Tylers sound like they'd be fantastic, but their price range is much higher than even the Veritas 2.2's.

Keith
                Keith

Comment

• spiffnme
                  • Apr 2003

They sound very similar. The M60 is of course a much fuller, larger sounding speaker. The best way to describe them is that the M60 is the bigger brother of the M22. All the same qualities, just bigger, and fuller.

I had them both paired with a Hsu VTF-2. They pair together extremely well. Both speakers benefit from the added Hsu, even the big M60's.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
                  All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• Danbry39
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Sep 2002

Thanks,

Then the M22ti's would probably do well in my bedroom.

Added bonus: I use the same Hsu in the bedroom so it's nice to hear they work out so well together.

Keith
                    Keith

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"