X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dlp710
    • Feb 2010

My Home Theater Project

Wanted to share my home theater project with the group. I welcome feedback.

Edit by moderator to remove hyperlink. If you want feedback post pictures and info in the thread. You've also been told to do this on other forums
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    100.00%
    Maybe
    0.00%
    Last edited by ThomasW; 02 March 2010, 12:27 Tuesday. Reason: Removed hyperlink
  • gross30
    • Jun 2005

Is this an add ???

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

That's a gorgeous theater room - you should be proud. One question though: did you do the actual work or contract it out?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

The one pic I see looks fantastic. Definitely NOT looking like a DIY. If it is, though, you're pretty good!

We need to see more pics, and then tell us more about this site and what not. Is this a site of your own creation? Or others, that you posted your project on?
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

I'm not sure I get it. Are you asking if your HT room looks amateur??? If that's what you're asking, absolutely not. But of course... show more pictures! :B
          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• dlp710
            • Feb 2010

I welcome everyone's feedback. I created this site to help others like me build their own theaters and save big $$$.

I'm a software engineer by trade,I have no experience in the construction industry; however, I consider myself handy. I did everything in my home theater myself except for the drywall and the electrical connections to the breaker.

My motivation for this project is to show others it is not that difficult and you don't need to hire an expensive home theater construction firm to design and build your HT; most of it is common sense. Just for kicks, before I started this project I quoted it out. The quotes I received....absolutely insane!

As for my poll, I am trying to get feedback from others if they think they could do a project like this themselves. It may look intimidating from a distance, but when you break it down the individual parts it is really not that bad. I suppose I could have worded the poll question better.

I hope you consider my site an asset to the DIY Home Theater community. I will be posting more pictures shortly.

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

It certainly looks professionally done, and I agree that it's a beautiful HT room. How long did it take to complete the work?

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• ThomasW
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Why does every topic on you website end with a link where you're shilling for a 'Guide' you plan on selling.

Seems to me all your posts are self serving and are essentially spam

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"