X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tpirovol
    • Dec 2007

best affordable projectors

Hi Everyone,

My cousin and I are looking for the best projectors in the below ranges. This will just be for blu-ray and DVD movies not for everyday use in a small home theater room. Our budgets are a bit different so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mine: $2000 - $3000
    Cousins: $-1000 - $2000

Thanks Terry
  • 2channellover
    • Jan 2009

I've been researching HDprojectors for a few months. The best one thus far has been the Optoma HD8000. There are couple of versions of the 1080p system that impacts the pricing from $2000 to $3000 which covers both of your budgets.

Screens - You didn't mention screens, meaning you're okay there, but if not...I'm finding aside from Stewart, everyone sources the screen fabric for the same suppliers. I wouldn't spend a ton, but you want a nice frame.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

For a variety of reasons I am always cautious about making recommendations. So much depends on the viewing environment,e.g.: do you have total control over lighting, how large or small is the room, and how far will you be sitting from the screen, etc. Secondly, there are basically three popular types of technology right now ( DLP, LCD, LCOS ) and each have their pros and cons. The one thing I will say for certian, that if as you say, you will only be watching Blu-ray and dvd then I would strongly urge you go with a 1080p projector. I own both a 720p and a 1080p projector and the latter is my preference. I believe Sanyo is bringing an lcd unit out for around or just under the $2K mark. Why not visit some of the various manufacturer websites such as BenQ, Panasonic, Sanyo, Sharp, InFocus, etc. You'll glean a lot of info there.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I keep coming back to Panasonic, every time I'm up to buying a new projector. They traditionally rate the best, for good prices. Two places I can recommend. Visit www.projectorcentral.com for projector research, and if you're ready to buy, I've had very, very good experiences buying repeatedly from www.projectorpeople.com. Tell Ryan Schneegold that I sent you, and he'll hook you up with the best prices, service, shipping, and extras that I've been able to find anywhere.

Here's a list of Projector Central's top 10 home theater projectors. They keep a running list of the top sellers at all times. I always find that the Panny is at the top of the list, too.

The best home theater projectors of 2024 that sell below $750. Perfect for your first home theater because the cost is low.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"