X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Receiver crossover 40hz vs 80hz

So now that I am subless for a few weeks and that I moved my room around a bit I was going through my settings in the receiver and noticed that I had set the crossover on it at 40hz. ( I thought odd....) Anyways, I switched it to 80hz and I noticed the bass improved quite dramatically.

Whelp, I guess that confirms my room has issues with cancelation in the lower frequencies. Time to try and treat the room, because right now my N802/HTM1 have more bass running off the yamaha reciever than they did when I had my Aragon and Bryston amps hooked up.

Wish I would have noticed that a year ago. :lol:

Ah well, Krell and ASW855 are in my future :twisted:
    B&W
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Yes, if you have the crossover set at 40Hz, that means that all your other speakers have to reproduce sound, and ACCURATELY, all the way down to 40Hz. (and slightly beyond due to the crossover slopes) That's asking a lot of speakers to do more than they're capable of.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"