X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HcDc
    • Sep 2006

Your opinion on NuForce AVP16 (France)

Hi all,

I am new on this forum and write France to you.

I am with the research of the information concerning the processor Nuforce avp16, which one easily does not find on our premises.

Is I will like to know which your opinion on this preampli, and with what you could compare it?

Thank you for your answers :T

Have a nice day
    Rgds
    HcDc from France
  • HcDc
    • Sep 2006

Thus nobody know this preampli 8O ?!!!

Thank you nevertheless :B
    HcDc from France

Comment

• Adz
      • Jan 2004

HcDc, here is a review by an owner from another Forum:

My current pre-amp is a Rotel RSP-1066.

I found that the inputs and outputs on the Nuforce are grouped tighter together than on the Rotel. My interconnects have locking barrels on them which require them to be screwed tight. It's usually a little tight to manage on the Rotel, but was near impossible on the Nuforce. The Nuforce also has a single center and sub output where the Rotel has 2 outputs for each. I Bi-amp my center and run 2 lines to my sub - so I had to dig out my 'y' connectors to keep things as similar as possible when comparing the 2 units.

All hook ups in place I grabbed the manual for reference. I must say, the Nuforce has the shortest manual I ever scene with any gear ( but that may be a good thing, keeping all information short and to the point). The on screen menu's were pretty straight forward and easy to navigate. It didn't take very long to get all the channels balanced out with a SPL meter. I must say I'm not a fan of the remote with this unit.

The unit itself is dead quiet, most likely due to a switchmode power supply inside it (power supply noises and such on previous gear have driven me nuts)

Now the first thing I noticed with the AVP16 was that as soon as it dectected a signal, the noise floor jumped up. It was pretty quiet with no signal, but the was a very noticable hiss when it did detect a signal. It may be due to my interconnects (one may not be tightened down completely due to what I mentioned previously). This was much more than I get with the Rotel.

On to listening.

I popped in Sarah McLachlan - Solace. I immediatley noticed rich full bass coming. Track #2 is a great test for this. I usually have my sub running for music, but I had turned it off for this test. I went and unplugged it just to be sure. It amazed me that a pre-amp change could make as much of a difference with the bass. All the way from lows to highs - everytihing is rich, full, detailed and smooth. I was picking out details in the music I hadn't heard before (and this is one of my reference discs). I found this to be true with all the music I listened to.

On to movies.

I've watched a few movies I'm very familier with and a concert video. For each I noticed much more clearity in the surround channels. Great panning back and forth between the 3 rear speakers. Perfect balance accross the front. The bass was great and clean.

I would highly recommend this unit to anyone getting into seperates. It may be at an entry level price, but it is certainly not entry level in features or performance.

IMO the cons are :

- elevated noise floor (hiss) compared to the Rotel (which may be caused by my interconnects.
      - tight spacing of inputs and outputs.
      - clunky (ca-chunky) remote.

The pros are :

- Excellent surround sound processing.
      - Amazing bass performance.
      - Excellent 2 channel performance (better than you'll find in most I'm sure)
      Adz

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"