X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Miss Jackson if you're Nasty!

If you are a Janet Jackson fan, there is nothing that I can tell you about the "Velvet Rope"! However, if you been thinking about purchasing the Vevet Rope Tour DVD, this maybe of interest to you.

This is an Image Entertainment disc. Image has done great work with other music-video disc but, not this one.

While they should be commended for making it a 5.1 release, the audience is in the front left and right speakers as well as most of the music. Now, that is where the music should be, but not the yelling sceaming fans. Because of this, it is hard at times to here what's being played on stage.
    It also seems that the sound people at the actual event had problems keeping things together as, several times through the event, Janet motions to them to adjust her mic output.

The video is also sub-standard. While there are tons of colors thru out the concert, they are almost never brilliant with the exception of chapter 7. Most of this dvd presents a washed out look.

To sum it up. Janet has a loyal following because, well, she's damn good at what she does ( and pleasing to the eye!). Her talent for song as well as dance is very evident on this disc. For the Jackson fan, this disc is a must own. For others, it may only be worth a rental. I'm a fan so... but I was still disappointed.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

I'm a fan of Miss Jackson, had the pleasure of going to her concert in town, and I've been looking at buying this dvd for a while. The price has always been a bit steep for this title, and now I guess I'll have to hold out a bit longer. Maybe just rent it to see if it is worth it.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I too thought the price to be a little steep. And I bought it when it was a new release a few years back. Like I stated above, I just couldn't pass it up being a fan of her work. Also fearing, I may wait too long and it may go out of print thus ending up paying and arm & leg to get it off of Ebay! :B

Again, I'm happy I own it, it just deserved better treatment.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"