X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

Coldplay's X&Y

Coldplay released it's new album in the last 2 weeks and this album is a winner. If you are into British Rock then buy it.

The first song starts you off thinking their U2.
    It slows down a bit then picks up with "Speed of Sound" which is incredible!.
    Then it slows down some more and ends with a great song at the end which is a hidden track.

Overall it's worse than the previous album "Rush of Blood to the Head" but still ALOT better than most of the albums out there.

:T :T
  • fordster
    • Feb 2005

Personally I think it's tedious, overhyped and sterile with great examples of terrible song writing! It's not bad as background music but I can't stand to properly listen to the full album. It this is the album it took them so long to come up I'd hate to hear the one they binned. I woulnd't call it rock either. But hey, each to their own, just thought I'd offer a different opinion. No offence intended.

Dave
    Dave

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Are we talking about the same album here? :

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

It this is the album it took them so long to come up I'd hate to hear the one they binned.
        Didn't take them that long last I looked. The other album "Rush of Blood to the Head" hasn't been out that long. I will admit it's a superior album to this but there are some great songs here including track 7 and the hidden track #13.

The first song is very U2'sih.

If tracks #1, 7 and #13 aren't rock, I don't know what is.

Comment

• fordster
          • Feb 2005

Like I said, each to their own. I read somewhere that they had binned one album before producing this one. A few of the tracks are rock-ish but I'd say most of them aren't. Some of it is U2-ish but far inferior and seems like blatant copying to me. Over here (UK) there seem to be 2 camps - those that can't stand the album and those that love it. It seems to be one of those albums that provokes strong reactions. Still, if we all liked the same things it would be a very dull world.
          Dave

Comment

• raider
            • Dec 2004

not a bad disc by any means as far as the songs are concerned but the sound quality sucks :gah:.
            Its has a compressed sound field with very little treble and unapealing bass just harsh midrange and his voice has lots of siblance! imho!
            It Is What It Is 8)

Comment

• Taito
              • Sep 2004

Shane, I agree with you. I really enjoy it. Although my fav. Coldplay is parachutes (particularly Trouble -track 6 (or maybe 7)).

-Ben

Comment

• Kens1
                • Mar 2005

I have to agree with raider - very dissapointing sound quality. I wish recording companies would spend some time and money putting out more quality sounding cd's. It's starting to get annoying.

Comment

• raider
                  • Dec 2004

The sad thing is you spend good money on high end equipment only to find the majority of the cd's available are poorly recorded :M .
                  I'm guessing most of the population dosen't care(IMHO) because if they did there would be a lot of negative feedback in the direction of the record companies and perhaps they may address sound quality issues accordingly
                  On the up side if you are willing to broaden your taste in music and dig around alittle you can find some really good recordings that are also properly mixed out there

Cheers
                  It Is What It Is 8)

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"