Impedance Matching pre amp/amp/speakers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Supernova
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2017
    • 108

    #1

    Impedance Matching pre amp/amp/speakers

    Hello,

    I have purchased the components for Statement II's which I plan to build in the coming months. Firstly I need to finish the Finalists for my father in law. I have been eyeing the Schiit Freya and D-Sonic amplifier and wonders if I'm getting myself into trouble with impedance.

    The Freya's specs are below and then D-Sonic.
    JFET Buffer = Output Impedance: 75 ohms SE, 600 ohms balanced
    Tube Gain = Output Impedance: 210 ohms


    D-Sonic Amps Input Impedance 1kHZ 60K ohm

    Statements 2.83V 88-89 db

    Any help and understanding of impedance matching is appreciated.
  • Supernova
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2017
    • 108

    #2
    Perhaps the above should be deleted?

    Comment

    Related Topics

    Collapse

    • JonMarsh
      Back to the Future with Love, Sex, War and Death... the Schiit Freya is here
      by JonMarsh




      The Freya by Schiit Audio is an anachronism and a marvelous melding of different levels of functionality in a ludicrously inexpensive line stage preamp for the 21st century.

      It's a passive preamp, using a digital encoder to control a precision relay and resistor...
      14 January 2017, 12:43 Saturday
    • LilBassGuy
      matching speaker impedance to reciever
      by LilBassGuy
      I have posted this in a different section, but I think this section is more appropriate, so forgive me for the double post.

      I have decided to build one of the many MTM projects I have found on the internet, but I am not sure which ones have a high enough impedance to suit my reciever....
      30 November 2006, 20:03 Thursday
    • DougyD19
      Trying to understand impedance on MTM
      by DougyD19
      DAYTON RS150S-8 6" = 8 ohm
      DAYTON DC28FS-8 1-1/8" = 8 ohm
      CROSSOVER 2-WAY 3,000 Hz 100W 12 DB

      I'm not sure how I should hook them up -- Questions
      1. Do I need to look at impedance of the whole MTM at the crossover or exactly how does that work. I've...
      03 December 2006, 15:20 Sunday
    • Herbonbay
      normal impedance
      by Herbonbay
      A quick question regarding impedance. The specs for the 804s list the Normal Impedance as 8ohms (minimum 3). My Pioneer Elite VSX-56TXi claims a continuous output of 110w per channel at 8ohms. The 56TXi can also be set to either output at 6 or 8 ohms. The Pioneer manual doesn't go into any detail in...
      19 January 2005, 17:03 Wednesday
    • McGlentosh
      N802's: 4 ohms or 8 ohms? - B&W's recommendation
      by McGlentosh
      I've read so much info and advice regarding which taps to use when connecting N802, in this and other forums, that my head was spinning, so I e-mailed B&W to get their recommendation, as follows:

      "I am powering, via bi-wiring, my N802's with a McIntosh MC352 amp. The
      ...
      22 September 2005, 16:44 Thursday
    • Loading...
    • No more items.
    Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"