X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arturo
    • Jul 2011

Full sized pre-amp for headphone listening

Interested in pre-amp only (not integrated amp). As far as using a pre-amp's built in headphone jack, I have heard one good comment on each of Carver 4000t and NAD 116. Any comments on these two, or can you suggest another pre-amp providing very good headphone listening? :
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

If you want a good pre-amp for headphone listening I would suggest one of the Woo Audio ones. The Woo Audio 2 is very good.
    If you only are using one to two source components than skip the pre-amp and go right to one of his headphone amps. I have the 5LE and before that the 6SE they are fantastic.
    I like them better than the Eddie Current amps that are also popular with headphone lovers.

Comment

• Bob
      • Jul 2000

Here is another option that has 3 inputs and many consider it to be as good as it gets. Although, I prefer Jack Woo's stuff.

Comment

• Arturo
        • Jul 2011

Hello Bob,
        Thanks for feedback. The "...maxxed-out" is way out of my price range. The lower end Woo models won't connect three components. (I prefer listening with Sennheiser HD-650's to Rokit powered speakers).

So, I continue to learn from reviews and posts and ebay sales. A vintage Rotel pre-amp seems best so far; I remain open to other brands and options.

Thanks again for your reply.

Regards,
        Arturo

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"