X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ataim
    • Aug 2008

Live or dead front for 2 channel?

I cannot remember which way it should be for two channel? I know that for HT and 2-channel they are opposite.

THanks.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

LEDE =Live End > Dead End.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Ataim
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by ThomasW
      LEDE =Live End > Dead End.
      I must be slow, can you explain futher? LIve end is greater than dead end?

Comment

• Briz vegas
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Laypersons (my) understanding - With LEDE you treat the reflecting surfaces near the speakers so that you hear what is being produced by the speakers with less reflected sound off the front of the room. 90% of my room treatment efforts are at the front end of my room. I have a little directly behind my listening position also, but only because in my case the rear wall is so close.
        Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
        Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"