X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • springer49
    • Oct 2004

best budget DVD player for 2 channel sound

I am putting together a 2 channel system in the bedroom and wanted to get ssome opinions. I would still like a dvd player in the bedroom but wanted decent sound. I know about the Oppo and low end Denons but just wanted to get some other opinions.
    I will be using an Outlaw RR2150 receiver and possibly Totem Arro or Rainmakers for speakers.
    Thanks for the help
  • Pez
    • May 2004

For my money Denon would be first choice. As far as universal players go I feel Denon has the best. Reviews on audioholics.com for Denon DVD players are always very positive, worth checking out.

Comment

• peterS
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2005

toshiba hddvd players do very well for dvd video and cd sound

Comment

• springer49
        • Oct 2004

Thanks Pez and PeterS. I hadn't even thought of the HD players but I have seen the early models going pretty cheap on Agon.

Comment

• Pez
          • May 2004

Originally posted by springer49
          Thanks Pez and PeterS. I hadn't even thought of the HD players but I have seen the early models going pretty cheap on Agon.
          If you go the HD-DVD player route amazon is selling them for excellent prices.

Comment

• Dave999
            • Mar 2007

Meridian G98 series players have very good two channel sound, but are expensive.

Comment

• Alloroc
              Super Senior Member
              • Dec 2005

Gotta be Marantz for me....
              Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• springer49
                • Oct 2004

Alloroc, What models of Marantz would you recommend?

Comment

• Alloroc
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by springer49
                  Alloroc, What models of Marantz would you recommend?
                  I've not heard any of the new line of players but I suppose it all depends on the old budget. I think they start off at about €200 for the DV3002. The DV9600 is still over $2K and probably due for replacement soon. There lots of other models in between thoug. the DV6001 could be a good place to benchmark your auditioning and go from there.
                  Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• zmanbands
                    • May 2007

Sony S9000ES DVD/CD player

Six years ago this was Sony's flagship model. Plays SACD but not multichannel nor CD-R. I bought it used for $350 for CD only 2 channel. It plays CD's remarkably well and would hold up well against most CD only players out there in the $1000 to $2000 range. It blew my $3000 Audio Research CD player out of the water. "BUT" my ARC CD player was from 1990. We have come a long way since then. ARC makes one now for a mere $6000. My point is this is an incredible player for CD's. I will probably never play a DVD on it. When you play a CD the DVD circuitry is bypassed. Sony makes a lot of low end stuff, but when the go big in the first year new flagship model they can put it all together. Original new price was $1250.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"